Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone who has had hyperemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean
I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy, lost 28lbs before I gained any and was on zofran up until delivery.
I was wondering how many other mamas on here have had hyperemesis and if so have you had other pregnancies since then? Where they normal or did you have it again? Where you overweight when you started pregnancy?
This was my fourth baby but my first pregnancy with hyperemesis. I was somewhat overweight (30lbs) and I have read that most mamas that get it are overweight to begin with.
I am trying to figure out how likely I am to get it again if we decide to have another baby. I figure that maybe since I only had it with the fourth baby( the only time I have ever been that heavy) that maybe if I start out at a healthy weight I won't get it again.
My baby is just almost 5mos so I am not planning to get pg soon but wondering what others experience has been. Sorry so long-winded but any input would be greatly appreciated.TIA
I had it with ALL of my pregnancy....I was not over weight at all in fact I am quite petite. 5 foot 100lbs... Hypermesis is the WORST...ugghh, I hated being pregnant

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2006, 09:42 AM   #12
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

I read that Zofran's patent expires TODAY!!!! Which means that there will be generic Zofran available soon. So for people like me who did not get Zofran to wrok because insurance wouldn't pay for it to be taken every four hours, I can try it to see if it works.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:56 AM   #13
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I had it as well. I had with my pregnancy with my angel and gained weight because Zofran made me stop vomiting and the only thing I could hold down was bread and that sort of thing. I also had it with dd#2. Somewhat with dd#1, but mostly with angel baby.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #14
purplevega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am also in the puke club. Had it for 26 weeks. Was hopitlized and the whole deal. I am praying I will not have it with other PG.

Kim
purplevega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #15
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
...I always complain...but after I hold the baby for the first time it was all the sudden "ok"

Its HECK for 9 months....but, I think the reward is well worth it!
That is how I feel. I swore the whole pregnancy that I would never do that again, but changed my tune as soon as I held my sweet little baby. We are undecided as to whether there will be more but I can't get it out of my head. A couple of months ago I dreamt I was having twin girls( before I read about all the mamas pg with twins on here) and I haven't been able to get the idea of more off of my mind since.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #16
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

I always get past it too. They lay DS2 on my belly and before the cord was even cut I turned to DH and said "We gotta do this again"

I think when we decide to have another, in many ways DH takes most of the burden. I lay in bed and he cooks, cleans, watches the kids and anything else that needs doing plus works a full-time job. Me, I'm miserable and truly want to die but all I do is lie in bed, get up to vomit and then repeat.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote