Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
Moo&LaLasMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: Ms.LillyAnnzMommy
seller

My Mood:
Danae Update !!!

June 21, 2006 at 06:06 PM PDT
I want to thank you all so much for all the wonderful loving prayers, Danae's surgery was today, it went great!
it was supposed ot be at 11am but it actually didn't start til 12:25pm which was ok, her platletts were low again this morning, and this delay allowed her to receive another transfusion before surgery.
The anestesiologist met with us first and he was great, next came the surgan, he answered questions and gave us lots of informaton about theprocedure and told us he'll be putting lots of numbing stuff on the area so she's comfortable after the surgery as well.
We had t stay in that building down the hall and wait for thesurgery to be done, we were told 1-2 hours including recovery time, my little danae did great and woke up quickly, they came out and told us how great she did -she was put under so was sleeping during this-
we got back to her room at 2pm, but honestly the wait didnt seem that long, me and dh read the newspaper and i read people magazine in the waiting room, there were 2 other fmailies in there too waiting for news on there loved ones.
the surgean told us dont be surprized if danae sleeps for the rest of the night, well~ she was awake and ate lots of food and had some water and a few cinnamin teddy grahms and watched cartoons for a while, we met her new ECI teacher too, he got her a few minutes after she got back, he seems to be an awesome person and i can't wait to get to know him better.
Danae stayed awake until about 5 and finally knocked out, she is sleeping so well and i think dreaming, cause we can hear her giggling.
Tomorrow is another big day~ her chemo starts tomorrow morning, i am still praying these treatments help her and fight this disease off, i am a little worried about the chemo treatments, because of her downs, she is more susceptible to infections and this medicine can cause problems with her heart which will be permanent.he IV in her arm is now removed too, im so glad she was trying to pull it off all night and today and we were given a net sleeve that covered it but she was pulling on that too, now its all gone but she is wearing a net shirt to keep the lines from being yanked by her, this pc line doesnt look as bad as i expected, im still afraid when i pick her up though, scared to pull it from the inside of her chest,please continue praying for her, i hope she does well with her chemo tomorrow, shedid well when they injected some into her spine theother day so were hoping it goes just as smooth when they start her on this tomorrow, it will flow through her for the next 4 days straight.
i wanted to update earlier but me and dh were spending all the time possible with her before she fell to sleep , then i went to get some food for us to munch on i'll post another update as i remember what else the dr's told us today

Advertisement

Andrea mother to Ms.Lilly-Ann 2/4/05
and Ms.Molly Renee 6/10/08
Proudly raising My Minis
Moo&LaLasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Re: Danae Update !!!

goody!! ihope chemo goes great
still praying
andrea, may i ask, where you getting the updates? is sally emailing you them?? im lil confused?? is she your SIL?? im confused
tell her though that we still praying and hoping for the best!!
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
Moo&LaLasMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sure... you can click on the link in my siggy ...however you have to register... and then you can get emails everytime sally updates... the page is registered under the name ( babydanae )

Proudly raising My Minis
Old 06-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, great to hear that went well! Yay! More prayers coming for successful chemo for the days ahead! Spend all the time you can to give your healing love! Thanks for keeping us updated! Blessings and healing prayers!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ** Ms.LillyAnnzMommy **
sure... you can click on the link in my siggy ...however you have to register... and then you can get emails everytime sally updates... the page is registered under the name ( babydanae )

AHHH NOw i get it , so she is not your family ok
ithought you were all related
cool nice to know. ill register then
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #6
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

I talked with Sally shortly after the procdure she seems to be in good spirts though she could just have a cherry dispostion as I have never talked with her before still praying hoping all goes well with the chemo
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
Moo&LaLasMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sally is like a sister to me .... but right not "biologically" realated

Proudly raising My Minis
Old 06-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #8
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

praying hard for her
Old 06-21-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

I just got off the phone with Sally and she sounds like she is just going with it all. She is in positive spirits She is being Danae's strongest advocate, making sure that she has nurses and docs that work well with Danae, and making sure that those that don't are not the ones taking care of her. This is also the first time I have talked to her in person, and she is AMAZING! I gotta tell you, I think that I would be an emotional train wreck, and she is just as strong as can be.
EVERYONE should sign up for the Care Pages and send her messages through there, this sounds like this is the joy of her day when the nurses bring the e-mails to her. She reads them ALL aloud to Danae and is hanging them on the wall! So, this is one little thing that would just make her day!

Jeme
Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thoughts & prayers for all of them hang in there sweet baby girl!