Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 04:24 AM   #11
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is 22 month old ready to just start potty training?

All my kids were early potty learners. I really believe in child-led potty learning, and we followed their cues. It seems like your son is certaintly giving you the cues DD1 was 22 months, ds was 23 months and dd2 was 19 months....when they atarted with the whole pepe-pee dance business, we put the potty chair in the living room and let them run around naked. Each of them had it down pat within a few days, except for nighttimme. That was a few months later for my first two, although I don't think Lena has peed overnight her whole life lol He's giving you the signs, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. Just don't be disapointed if he goes back to peeing in the dipe. gl!

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #12
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

A friend of mine's son started pl'ing at 13 mo (child led as far as i know)! I only wish I was so lucky. I'd say anything is possible!
Old 06-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
donuts4me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Re: Is 22 month old ready to just start potty training?

Today ds kept grabbing his penis and saying pee pee. So I take off the diaper and he says no. But when it's off, then he doesn't want me to put it back on. He would say pee pee for hours and not go. But then one time he wanted me to hold him and he peed on me. Then another time, he held it, had a temper tantrum and then peed on the kitchen floor. He didn't want a diaper back on so I put on some underwear my daughter wore when she was training. It was the perfect size and no one was around, so I figured why not. It is clean. He peed in it. But I figured, it's better for that to catch any pee than him to pee all over. We hung outside for a bit. He peed in the underwear but didn't want them off. I know he is no where near ready, but I don't know what these signs mean. He is so smart that I sang a pee pee song to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle and he repeated it back to me right away. He knows a thing or two.

He didn't want to sit on the potty for too long. I think it feels weird for him to pee. Maybe he's too used to having something covering him down there that it's too weird to pee without it. I didn't know he would be so hard to do.

My dd trained by me letting her run around naked too. She rarely peed on the floor and even pooped on the potty first time she tried. This was when she was 2 yrs 4 months.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to get frustrated, but my ds is always saying pee pee and grabbing himself. I'm not sure what this means anymore.
I know he is not sick. I took the above suggestions, I just don't know what he wants with him saying pee pee.

Karen
donuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
mlgbug
Banned
seller

we are at 13 months and pting. we sit her on the toilet and she knows what she does cause when she pees she starts clapping and saying "yeahhhh pssss yeah" its too cutem\.
mlgbug is offline   Reply With Quote