Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #21
clemom3
Registered Users

Re: How to get DD to take a bottle HELP ASAP!

I had this problem w/2 of my daughters. I returned to work after having both.

With DD#1 I couldn't even be in the room (at first). She still wasn't taking a bottle when I started back to work. I took her to daycare and the staff there finally got her to take a bottle. I did not return to work full time right away (started maybe 4 hrs, then 6, then full time). We went through many different kinds and she finally ended up using the Avent bottles. For a while, she would only take a bottle at daycare, but not at home.

DD#2 was a little easier. Again, it was our babysitter that was successful. She suggested the Playtex nurser bottles with the rubber nipple (the old style). The rubber is super soft, like a nipple, and it has that flexing action. DD#2 started taking to the bottle regularly after a few days with the babysitter, then eventually at home or from husband.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #22
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to get DD to take a bottle HELP ASAP!

DD2 will not drink a bottle, and since I'm a SAHM this time around, I've given up. W/DS, I had to make him drink a bottle at 3mo because my FMLA was over. He didn't like the Adiri what a waste of money. I didn't have money lying around to spend, so I just persistently got him to drink an Avent bottle. I noticed it was easier to get him to drink it as soon as he woke from a nap. My sister has had the same prob w/her DS. She has tried almost every bottle on the market. The one that finally worked was the Dr. Brown one. Not the wide necked one either, the standard old fashioned looking nip. And as for formula, DS has to get weaned to that when I had surgery. He would only take Nestle Good Start. I would start w/2oz formula and 3oz BM, then slowly taper off to only formula to get him used to it. A friend of mine traught me this trick and it worked for us.

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote