Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:
My dd is having issues...

It might be kinda hard for me to express this properly with out perhaps offending some, Please let me say that is not my intention.

My dd is in a summer program for gifted its 2 wks 2 hr sessions a day. She cetches a school bus down the street. Today she told me that a girl said to her "hey white B*&ch" and also said "F-u" and told her she needed to "move her white @$$ out there area of the bus" The bus is not all kids from the same program there is summer school and free camp too.

I'm really upset at the fact that my dd is being singled out for being white, I mean I guess discrimination works both ways but its quite silly because they dont know our family tree, we are a very diverse family and racisum(sp?) is not something I would think I would have to deal with.

I really dont know how to handle the situation I told her to say "please dont talk to me like that" and then I thought about it some more and I was like you know say "your right I am a B*tch how clever of you to point it out" but I know that wont solve anything the kicker is that these are 3rd graders. We are Hs'ing again starting this fall its not like I cant pull her from the program if ti continues its just a tough call because I want her in the program. driving her is not an option we are a one car family and dh works odd hrs so I never know if I will have the van.

shold I bring this up with officals at the program or the bus company perhaps? should I let her try and solve it on her own?

wwyd? my sweet little girl dont deserve to be treated like this if they took a chance to get to know her they would see that

Advertisement

Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: My dd is having issues...

I know how you feel, my heart breaks whenever kids are mean to my kids.
I don't have any really good suggestions, unfortunately. This is one of the reasons we started homeschooling. But maybe you could ask her what she thinks she ought to do. Being a smart aleck won't help things, and if these are third graders with that kind of hatred already, it might make things much worse, even dangerous.
My only advice would be to tell your dd to stay away from those kids, and definitely tell the bus driver and the school admin.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would contact the program and the bus. Your daughter or anyone else for that matter should not have to tolerate that kind of treatment.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

ohhow sad poor dd
i would def contact them, that shouldnt be tolerated
that is dispecable! hwo sad
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks guys I, just having a hard time seeing my little girl so hurt and quite frankly confused like all the sudden its not ok or normal to be white (that is what she said she felt anyway), this is part of the reason we are going back to hs'ing we where in a great district for K-1 and 2nd grade it was a whole new thing. We couldnt afford a larger house where we were and our landlord would let us stay in a 2 bdrm with 3 kids, so we traded up to a nicer house but a subpar school disturct though I was coaxed into thinking it was rumors.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #6
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry mama! My DD is in 3rd grade too and it amazes me that things are so different than they were when I was in school (which was back in the 1800's according to my kiddos)

Definitely contact the person in charge of the program. They should have similar rules to the schools, which where I live, ave rules against harrassing at the bus stop because it's considered a school area. She shouldn't have to put up with it, and I doubt it would be put up with if it were your DD doing it. If you don't get good results with the first person you talk to, go over their head. DD should be able to enjoy this camp without having to be talked down to or taken out because of the intolerance of others. Good luck!
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
CDCMama
Banned

Hugs,

Personally, I would go down to the bus stop with dd and when the bus stopped to pick her up, I would have a talk withthe bus driver...
CDCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok - I don't use the word Hate.
But I will say I strongly dislike the WHSD.
Rick Hall is probably going to do Nothing for you (bus company admin)
I would approach the person who signed her up for the program and display your distaste
for the whole situation.

Then GO apply for the Propel School -- it is wonderful
Old 06-23-2006, 07:47 AM   #9
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapoosmama
Ok - I don't use the word Hate.
But I will say I strongly dislike the WHSD.
Rick Hall is probably going to do Nothing for you (bus company admin)
I would approach the person who signed her up for the program and display your distaste
for the whole situation.

Then GO apply for the Propel School -- it is wonderful
Hey! mb we need t get together sometime soon, well some time in the next 28 days i need more epads lol

Propel? never heard of it.

no need to hold back I will use the H word when discribing my dislike for WHSD, its a differnt world comapred to Franlklin Regional that we where at last year.

Erynn told me that no one was mean to her yesturday, and today we over slept so she didn't go. Its one more week then we kiss WHSD goodbye

I know nothing will be done about the bus I had called to see if they could pick her up crub side because she is the only kid from this block and there still making her go all the way down to triboro and cross the street under the trestile without a guard. I know you have driven my street before people hurry up and whip down the road because the lights are so short nobody want to miss one, so I have been walking her Its only one more week. I told her to tell me if anything happens again and we will certianly be contacting ppl.

see I almost have spilt personalities, the Evil Michelle wants to follow these kids home and get face to face with there parents and ask the parents if they think its approtiate for them to be calling my dd these names. but im not know for keeping my cool when it comes to these types of situations. so I let Sane calm cool Michelle handle it with assistance from DH.

Last edited by Five Green Beans; 06-23-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #10
woolfulcomforts
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab
I would contact the program and the bus. Your daughter or anyone else for that matter should not have to tolerate that kind of treatment.

i would do the same. im so sorry.. my heart breaks when my boys get their feelings hurt. i think i cry more then them
woolfulcomforts is offline   Reply With Quote