View Poll Results: Which breast pump is the best?
Avent ISIS iQ DUO 3 10.00%
Medela PIS original 27 90.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
SerenitysBowtique
Registered Users
Formerly: Serenity0811
seller

My Mood:
Breast pumps

I am interested in finding out which of the two pumps are the best?
Avent ISIS iQ DUO or the Medela PIS oringanl? I just received the Medela and then say that Avent has the ISIS iQ DUO. I had an avent maual and it worked good. I had heard so many great things about the Medela and now I am unsure which one to get.

Advertisement

Last edited by SerenitysBowtique; 06-19-2006 at 11:41 PM.
SerenitysBowtique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breast pumps

As much as I love Avent bottles and such, I can't rave enough about Medela. I love the 2 pumps I owned and the hospital grade one I rented with my twins. I just sold one on eBay and it went fast! It wasn't even a PIS!! It was a Double Ease double electric and that thing was awesome. Anyway, I have heard awesome things about the PIS and sometimes at Target and Target.com they have coupons for % off for a day or $ off for those!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
Lyric
Registered Users
seller

I love Avent for bottles and such but not for a pump. I would go with the Medela PIS.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:10 AM   #4
foofoomomma
Registered Users
seller

Id stay with the PIS sinec it has awesome reviews. I used amedas purely yours...worked Great!
foofoomomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

I like the PIS. I totally recommend it over most bc most out there are burn out really quick. Someone gave me one and after pumping 1x a day for a few weeks, the motor went out! Definitely invest in a PIS!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #6
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For a manual pump, the Isis is my favorite, but for electric, I highly recommend the Medela PIS. I had to pump exclusively in the beginning and then continued to pump several times a day after I returned to work. I tried bunches of different brands and those two are definitely the best. I wouldn't mind giving the Avent iQ Duo a try, but I'm so happy with my Medela that there's no need.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
Tobinnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know this isnt one of your options but I LOOOVE my ameda Purely yours and its a ton cheaper than the medela - but other than that if its between those two I would definately go with the medela. With things like this it is wise to by from a company thats business is purely centered around the service that you want,what I mean is dont buy a pump from a bottle company by a pump from a pump company.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:54 AM   #8
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I loved my Medela. But if you can afford it I would rent a Lactina. IMO it is top of the line.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I HAD the Avent ISIS IQ Uno! It did not work well for me! I could never get a good enough suction on it! I would do it manually to set the rythm that I wanted...and then press the button so that the pump would pick up. Well, as soon as the pump start doing the pumping, it would loose the rythm that I set(it would speed up) and it would loose some suction...which made it hard for me to get any milk out!!
Just my experience tho!! I'm in the process of buying a MPIS!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #10
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinnicole
I know this isnt one of your options but I LOOOVE my ameda Purely yours and its a ton cheaper than the medela - but other than that if its between those two I would definately go with the medela. With things like this it is wise to by from a company thats business is purely centered around the service that you want,what I mean is dont buy a pump from a bottle company by a pump from a pump company.
I used an Ameda pump in the hospital (and used the manual part of it at home for the first few weeks until I got something better) and I was very happy with it as well. I don't know why Ameda doesn't have the same market share as Medela because everyone I know who has used the Ameda pumps loves them.

As for pricing, if you're not in a hurry, watch eBay. It took a couple of weeks but I got my Pump In Style for right at $100 and it came with a Boppy pillow and a bunch of other "extras". Even to replace the parts that come in contact with the milk was under $20. I got really lucky and like I said, I had to watch for a while before catching that deal but it's worth a try. You can also find Ameda pumps on there and the demand is not usually as high so you can get an even better deal.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote