Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
tsk_mum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
fever & no other symptoms??

My DD started running a fever Friday afternoon ... she is eating normal & drinking & nursing lots. Acting like her self pretty much just not playing as much & wants to be held.
Last night it broke & we both woke up wet with sweat but its back up to 102 under her arm this morning.

How long do you wait out a fever b4 calling the doc.
WWYD?

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: fever & no other symptoms??

A fever is a good thing (most of the time) it means her body is fighting something off. I dont normally do much about a fever, unless there is a ear infection, or something of the sort.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
fkonkal
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't do anything except tylenol or motrin for a fever unless there are other symptoms. That said, if the baby is under 12 months and the fever is higher than 101 and stayed there for more than 48 hours, then I would call a nurse, but might not go in to doctor. But mostly, I trust my gut.
fkonkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It could signify she's breaking in another tooth. My son did that exact same thing around 1, but also it could mean an ear infection. I just use motrin or tylenol when he has a fever. He had a fever that hung around a few days around when he just turned 2 and I have a feeling it was due to his 2 year molar coming through. I hope she gets to feeling better soon mama. HTH!

P.S. I agree with PP about a fever could also be a good thing she might be fighting off something too.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had this problem last month. Our doc said not to bring her in until it was above 103-104 for more than an hour. Its hard to know your baby is miserable and keep them compfy but they cant do much in the office for the babies either!! Good Luck mama!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #6
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It could be Roseola.....if the fever lasts for 3 days, then suddenly goes, as fast as it came....and you'll see a spotty rash on the stomach area.....

It's not serious...and most kids get it before they're 5. It's a bit scary though to have a fever with no other symptoms. As long as it stays under 103....tylenol will be fine, no dr. needed.
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A few weeks ago all three of my dd's ran a fever of 101-103 for 24-48hours. They had no other symptoms and ate fine. They were a little lathrgic but it didn't last long. Then two days later my older dd's complained of headaches all day with a lowgrade 99 fever then they were fine. Some of the other kiddo's we know had the same thing happen to them so it's gotta be a weird virus.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #8
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Two weeks ago my DD got a wierd fever that ran HIGH (106.1 was the highest at midnight one night). We went to the doc, ran tests...it was viral. We never got a def. answer though. No rash appeared (but she already has excema I could have mistaken Roseola for it? who knows). After about 3 days it went away.

A few days ago, my youngest got the same fever. I didnt take his temp because our thermometer wasnt working for some reason but he got up there too. He had a fever for about 3 days also, and then it broke. No rash appeared.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #9
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
Formerly: Nikk25_3
seller

My Mood:

I'm assuming you are talkibng about your almost 1 yr old right? I bet she has roseola. The age and symptoms match perfictly.

For the fever I would only give tylenol. Mostly bc tylenol brings the fever back down at a safe rate. And as long as the tylenol works to keep it to a some what normal level then I wouldn't see any reason to call the dr.

BUT, if she starts to act like her ears, throat, pee-pee or anything else is hurting her then you my want to make a call into the dr. Or is the fever lasts more then 5 days with no rash, then I'd probably call in.

Also a teething temp should not be any higher then 100.5 degrees. BUT my kids have had them as high as 101.

Oh, one more thing if you are doing the temp under the arm, you always add a degree. Like if it says 101.4 then its really 102.4. Just thought I'd add that .

GLand I hope your lo fees 100% better soon.
Nikkis_Little_Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
tsk_mum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the responses , makes me feel better

I am talking about my 10 1/2 month old ... I figure she will be over it by tomorrow or it could be roseola too.

She has napped alot today & her fever has stayed between 100-102 w/o meds. She has nursed & ate like normal