Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

14 month old still spitting up

is this normal we still burp her she gets 10 sometimes less burps out and most of her burps consist of spit up which normally is of a spit up consistancy today it was more fluidy like she just puked it back up i know gross. She also gets really really fussy, we have tried gas relief drops, colic tablets they relieve gas also, and she was also on a spit up formula but now that she wont take that anymore hasnt for a few months I don't know what to do I dont wanna keep putting stuff into her either and because shes teething she only wants to get in about 4oz 3 times a day instead of 8oz 4xs a day. She also is a picky eater she only picks at her food and eats a little bit I have almost resorted to buying stage 3 jars of baby food cause she will still eat that and then atleast I know if I am feeding it to her shes getting enough food in her. Should I be bringing up the spitting up again to the ped we go in a few weeks.

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 14 month old still spitting up

my ds is over one, and still spits up, and still pretty much actively needs to be burped after feedings.

if she will eat the baby food, then i guess you should give it to her. i would ask your ped if she could have reflux..

we go to the ped tomorrow...i will ask when i go.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've not 'actively' burped my 29mo old in a long time...but he still 'spits' up on occasion. He was diagnosed with reflux at about 4 wks of age. I don't know if it's "normal", but you're certainly not alone! I'd go ahead and bring it up with the ped. My 2yo's spitting up is very infrequent.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

My ds still spit up at that age. He is almost 2 and a half and still has reflux. At 14 months he was still on stage 2 baby food and the special formula. I used to blend the stage 3's until they were smooth because he would not eat anything with chunks in it. The stage 3's had more calories. It's not unusual for toddlers with reflux not to take off on solids. The different textures can flare up the reflux. Sounds like she has texture aversions. My ds still has them, he will not eat any sort of meat. If she will eat stage 3 then let her. Stage 3 baby foods have plenty of calories in them, especially the dinners. If she's still spitting up, then she's still refluxing. I would bet her poor eating is because her reflux is bothering her. Is she on medication for the reflux?

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #5
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like reflux to me. My ds is 9mos and spits up with specific foods as a food allergy induced reflux. I would def bring it up with the ped.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #6
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my ds was spitting up ( he is 19 months) turns out he was sensitive to lactose and is fine now on Dairy Ease ( he is still also BF'd)
Old 06-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

yeah shes on lactaid and also breastmilk