Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
csmommy
Registered Users

Where to buy hooter hiders?

I saw in another thread that a lot of ladies here don't use nursing covers, but for those that do, does anyone know of a good online store to buy a hooter hider or similar style cover? My little one pulls off and on a lot right now and I'd like to have a good cover to eliminate the stress of trying to stay discreet.

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
tdbear
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Where to buy hooter hiders?

my friend made my first one and I have made afew myself
tdbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Abbie
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

we have 'em! 15% off right now with free shipping.
Girasol | Calin Bleu | Natibaby | BabyHawk | Sakura Bloom | Beco Baby | ERGObaby | Boba

Last edited by Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique; 02-22-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
weewilliewinks
Registered Users
seller

I saw these at a trade show http://www.lovedbaby.com/nursingshawls.html and met the mama who makes them. They are gorgeous and light weight (I tried one on).
Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
APmommy712
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sell nursing covers! PM me if you have any questions and I would be happy to help you.
I love my job, ask me more about it!
APmommy712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
harleysheart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know the feeling mama. My friend bought me a hooter hider online at: http://shop.bebeaulait.com/

I love it! We use it everytime we are out or we are at someones house where there are men around.
My blog:The Frugal 5
harleysheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #7
csmommy
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback! I think I will try a HH, I have heard only good things about them!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #8
racha710
Registered Users

My Mood:

I bought mine at www.babycenter.com amazon also has them. and there is a lot of nip ones on ebay. Babycenter for me was the cheapest, I got it during one of their sales (they run sales often)
Old 02-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
hunterNkarter
www.DinkerandGiggles.com
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I got this one and I LOVE it...I get comments all the time on the cover...My pediatrician even commented on it!

http://www.mothersboutique.com/eyivnuco.html

We use it to cover the baby seat when taking him in and out of the house or into a place where he is going to sit in his seat instead of me wearing him.

Also Judy who owns the boutique is SUPER nice, can answer any question you have about breastfeeding and I got a free thing of lanolin with my order...it was a sample but it lasted me through my first week of nursing our newborn
Baby #3 born naturally on Feb 2nd! I Blog
My Feedback: DiaperPin
ISO: SANITY IHA: Not nearly enough PP/RME!

Last edited by hunterNkarter; 02-22-2008 at 11:03 AM.
hunterNkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
AmyCivic80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Hooter Hider! I know some people think it is "wrong" to cover a baby while he/she is eating, but I just never felt comfortable having my breasts out in public, especially when I am in a large crowd.

I tried receiving blankets in the beginning, but they didn't work for us for several reasons:
1) blankets got so hot on my daughter's head, especially in the summer (my daughter was born in May)
2) my daughter needed a lot of help latching in the beginning and I couldn't see what I was doing when I draped a blanket over her head. Plus, it was impossible to hold the blanket, the baby, and my boob all at the same time!
3) the blanket always seemed to fall off and it made me feel so self conscious. I never wanted to nurse around other people.

I decided to invest in a Hooter Hider and it is one of my favorite/most used baby purchases. I never had to worry about it falling off when my daughter was being super squirmy. It didn't actually sit on her head or face, so she didn't get too hot and I didn't feel like I was covering her up. There is a hard piece of plastic near the neckline that allows for continuous viewing of your baby while you are feeding him/her, so you still get to bond with baby, even with the Hooter Hider on.

I bought mine directly from the Hooter Hider/Bebe Au Lait website (they are the same exact company, you just choose whether you want your cover to say "Hooter Hider" or "Bebe Au Lait"). I got my cover really fast after I ordered it.

I know a lot of people also say that covering up draws more attention to the fact that your are breastfeeding your baby. It never bothered me whether or not someone knew I was feeding her, it bothered me to think that she would "pop off" and my breast would be hanging out in the middle of a restaurant or another public place. I have always been very private about my body and I wanted to be as successful with breastfeeding as possible. For me, the Hooter Hider allowed me to do both. Also, no one ever knows I am feeding my daughter under the cover. In fact, a few people have asked me if they can peek in at my "sleeping" baby. Hahaha, they are always amazed when I tell them that I am breastfeeding.

Hahaha, can you tell that I love my Hooter Hider????
Amy, wife to Greg and proud mommy to Cailin Avery (5/6/07), Kylie Elise (12/20/08), and baby #3 (due 10/11/11).
AmyCivic80 is offline   Reply With Quote