Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
CaseyB
Registered Users

My Mood:
Covers for an infant

What would you recommend to use as a cover over a KL0 (and possibly a prefold from time to time)? How many would I need? I generally wash daily with ds #1's diapers, so I don't need to be able to go super long time frames. I'm also planning to breastfeed so I'll have bfing poops to consider.

There are just so many choices! I've looked at BSWW, Proraps, and Thirsties. Any opinions or advice on those?

Advertisement

CaseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Covers for an infant

We used proraps but I really did not like them much because they leave red marks on the legs. I got a BSWW and LOVE. LOVE. LOVE it. I do think that the gussets on the proraps are great for containing the few blow-outs that you may have.

If I were you I would get some BSWW and some Thristies. I have not tried Thirsties but they seem like a middle ground between the other 2. They have the gussets and I've never heard anyone complain about them leaving red marks.

The proraps do have the umbilical dip though which is good for those first days before teh cord falls off.

Sheesh, I know I'm not much help so far. Ok, this is what I would do if I knew what I know now for a newborn

6-8 covers in case you do not get the laundry done.

2-3 BSWW
2-3 Thirsties
1-2 Proraps

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

All of the ones you mentioned left red marks on my baby's legs. That really, really bothers me, so I have hunted covers that do not do that.

Loveybums has both wool and fleece wraps that are awesome - www.loveybums.com

Wigglewormbottoms is my favorite PUL cover (the prints aren't recommended for overnight) and she reopens tomorrow around lunch for customs - www.wigglewormbottoms.com

Stacinator So Simple is a really nice, soft cover, but I didn't use one when ds was a newborn, so I can't say how well it would fit for that stage. They seem to run kind of big.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

We use thirsties here, and even when she blows out of the prefold the cover holds everything in and we have NEVER had leaking or wicking at all. And very little red marks, if any. But she is just now getting a little baby chunk, she is a string bean like daddy and big brother...
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
L2S2C
Registered Users
seller

I dont know why, but I really don't like PUL covers, I hate how they feel wet and moist on the inside (Yes I realize that is the point of the cover) I just imagine wearing it and having sweaty wet sticky plastic against me, but I have had them and my favorites were bummis. I perfer wool.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #6
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nikky or Niji wool wraps.

YOu can get them at babyworks.com

They can be dyed too. I would get at least 4.

GREAT wraps and super breathable.

For PUL, definitely the Bummis.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 AM   #7
mommy2abigail
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 6 BSWW (for emergencies-I dont reallly like PUL very much) 8 wool wraps (Niji, nikki, Stac., and some mama made) and Tons of woolies, shorts, longies, soakers, ect. I much rather have a ton of wool than use PUL. Wool breathes, is naturally antimicrobial/bactierial, is cute, and can be resold for a greater % of what you pay for it.
mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love our thirsties covers and wool for our new baby. These are the only things we've been using so far and no leaks, not ever! The gussets on the legs make them fool proof. The thirsties don't leave red marks on our DS and he is a chunker.
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote