Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm amazed that grandparents would make these choices w/o consulting the parents!

Today, at church, I was hanging out w/ this other young Mom, Alicia. I was there early and so was she. We were just chatting and talking about different "mommy" type things and I asked when she pierced her daughter's ears (she's like 15 months). Alicia simply says, "I didn't pierce her ears". I obviously didn't understand and she says, "My MOTHER and my SIL took her and got it done." I said,"Um.. they didn't ask you?" she says "NO! they just took her at the MALL, not evena doctor, and then 'suprised' me at work!" Alicia freelances for MAC makeup. Both of us chatted about how that's 100% totally wrong to make those choices for a child that's not your child. she was really ticked at them. Then she said, "It happened to Katy too!"Apparantly, one of the other mom's 14 month old daughter was being babysat by her maternal grandmother, who decided to give her her first haircut w/o telling anyone and didn't save any of the hair.

I can't believe people would do this. I can't imagine the "talkin' to" our family would get from my H if anyone ever pulled this stuff.

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
eandesmom
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm amazed that grandparents would make these choices w/o consulting the parents!

OMG, are you serious? I can't even begin to describe how LIVID I would be if someone pierced either of my girls' ears. That's crazy!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm amazed that grandparents would make these choices w/o consulting the parents!

Yeah I am really against the ear piercing and if my mom did that she would be toast! But then again we make a big stink about how our kids are raised so most of the family is hands off. They know we do things different around here!

I'm swaggin now!! Come join me
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Niknak22
LovelyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oooh I'd be LIVID!!! If anyone decided to pierce dds ears w/o my consent theyd have one pissed mama to deal with!

And Im just waiting for someone to tyake ds for his first haircut because Im already getting crap about how he needs it cut.. its NOT in his eyes and Im sorry but I see nothing wrong with ds having longer hair. Im not ready to cut it yet.. Im contemplating growing it out and possibly dreading it down the road if he wants..
Old 06-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

People can do stupid things . I remember when I was about 12 and my oldest brother's baby stayed with us for several weeks. My Mom cut bangs in her hair. My SIL was livid.
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
rachaelmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband suprised me at work one day with a freshly shaven mohawk on our oldest boy. It was his first haircut, and he didn't even save any of the hair! I didn't mind the fact that it was a mohawk, but it was the middle of winter, and he completley shaved his head except for the hair down the middle, and he didn't even ask me first! I would have wanted to be there!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #7
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelmomma View Post
My husband suprised me at work one day with a freshly shaven mohawk on our oldest boy. It was his first haircut, and he didn't even save any of the hair! I didn't mind the fact that it was a mohawk, but it was the middle of winter, and he completley shaved his head except for the hair down the middle, and he didn't even ask me first! I would have wanted to be there!
Oh goodness.. my DH keeps threatening to give DS a mohawk.. and I wouldnt put it past him.. but it wouldnt make me a verry happy mama thats for sure.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #8
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

id have hurt someone. seriously.
every time my dad sees us, he keeps saying hes going to 'do anythig, hey, Ive got a knife!' to cut my sons hair (ht eback is mid back on him, the sides are a little past his shoulders, and he has natural bangs that are over his forehead, but his hair only actually looks like that if i brush it like that, i know it makes sense LOL)and it makes me SO mad. i literally threw a pair of thomass pants outside one day cause he wouldnt shut up about the hair thing and almost shaved our sons head. my grandma will NOT leave me alone about it, thoguh she hasnt seen us in almost a year. she talks to me and she goes on and on about how she buzzed my dads hair on his first bday. so i said "yeah and he went bald at 22, too." ugh.

but if someone pierced my kids ears without my being there/giving permission, especially in a freaking MALL, barring my being you know, dead...they would NOT be happy.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:11 AM   #9
mommy2alisa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If my mom did that I would be pretty upset. I mean, peircing is permanently altering her DC body. I don't think I would trust to leave my DC with her after that.
mommy2alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #10
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be LIVID! That is just wrong. How would those Grandma's have felt if their mothers or mil's had done that to THEIR children!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote