Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #21
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm amazed that grandparents would make these choices w/o consulting the parents!

I would have knocked someones teeth out if they got my childs body pierced without asking me. but then again .. they know how I am about stuff..and I promise you nothing happens with my kids unless they ask me firt.. I would be on FIRE !!! if something was done behind my back .. seriously.. sh*t would hit the fan!

Advertisement

mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm amazed that grandparents would make these choices w/o consulting the parents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmama View Post
My MIL decided that my breastmilk wasn't enough and started giving my son formula when he was with her!! I had plenty of milk pumped and (I was still working at this time) could have left work at anytime to go home and feed him if she did think that she didn't have enough milk to feed him. The worst part was just the day before I was telling her how blessed I felt that Guy didn't have to have formula!!

To this day I HATE leaving him with her.
I would change sitters.. seriously .. that is VERY upsetting that they would feed my child something I didnt approve of...
Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #23
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk_mum View Post
I would hurt somebody!!!
and I was mad at my mom for taking my toddler to her first movie
Isnt it sad we are so stingy with our kids
Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #24
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW I don't think I would be talking to my parents for awhile or inlaws if anything was done like that. Since when do people including relatives think they can make a decision like that about your child. That is just wrong!
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #25
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Let me tell you I would be finding another sitter for my child (even if grandparents where free, I would be paying someone) because its MY child MY decision on that kind of stuff.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #26
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! THat's unbelievable! And with such young babies!?!? I'm in disbelief....
clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #27
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

wow, someone would be suffering the wrath of this mama if anything like that ever happened. i don't care for little ones have pierced ears so that would REALLY make me livid!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #28
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don' think I would let some one see my children again if they did that. But then my grandmother took me to get my ears peirced at 5 without my parents permission. To a stand in the mall of course. I didn't even really want it done at the time, she and her sister talked me into it. My dad was livid, but it was his mom and he wouldn't really do anything about it.

I used to worry that my FIL would cut Kearnan's hair when he was over visiting. He always gave us a hard time about it being so long. But my dh assured me that he was just teasing, he would never do something like that. I realize now that it is just his way, but still it made me a bit iffy about leaving him. Of course now you would have to tie him down to cut his hair, he definately wouldn't let it happen. My biggest concern with my in laws is them putting religious movies and music on for my kids. They know I'm pagan, and that i don't approve. Dh says they just don't think about it, it isn't malicious or anything, but I kind of think they are trying to "save" the boys behind my back.

As to earpeircing. Well I have boys so it isn't a huge issue I guess. My mom flipped when we took Kearnan to have his done a couple of month ago. He was ready and took very good care of it while it healed. We took him to a profesional peircer, the same one I go to. I wouldn't go near one of those mall stands, and I wouldn't have done it before he asked me to.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #29
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
Today, at church, I was hanging out w/ this other young Mom, Alicia. I was there early and so was she. We were just chatting and talking about different "mommy" type things and I asked when she pierced her daughter's ears (she's like 15 months). Alicia simply says, "I didn't pierce her ears". I obviously didn't understand and she says, "My MOTHER and my SIL took her and got it done." I said,"Um.. they didn't ask you?" she says "NO! they just took her at the MALL, not evena doctor, and then 'suprised' me at work!" Alicia freelances for MAC makeup. Both of us chatted about how that's 100% totally wrong to make those choices for a child that's not your child. she was really ticked at them. Then she said, "It happened to Katy too!"Apparantly, one of the other mom's 14 month old daughter was being babysat by her maternal grandmother, who decided to give her her first haircut w/o telling anyone and didn't save any of the hair.

I can't believe people would do this. I can't imagine the "talkin' to" our family would get from my H if anyone ever pulled this stuff.
that is so sad, i wouldnt let the grandparents see my kids for a long time if any of them pulled this crap..
i'm glad so far the only things ive had to worry about is someone feeding my kids soemthing we don't let them have..
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #30
Melissa~BHS
B/S/T with caution~ Ignoring attempts to resolve FSOT issue.

My Mood:

My oldest dd spends most of the summer with her bio father (my ex) and his family out of state. Several years ago her grandmother (ex's mom) took her for a haircut - and I was less than pleased. Her hair was to her waist and they cut it short. I mentioned to my ex, it would have been nice if you had asked me in advance. I really hate her haircut. He agreed and now has my daughter CALL me before she gets a haircut, etc while she is with him. His family gives him a hard time, I know - but it is about being respectful of the other parent. If we were together, we would discuss things in advance. Just because we are divorced doesn't mean we can't co-parent our child.
My mother knows better than to EVER do anything like that without consulting me.

Melissa~BHS is offline   Reply With Quote