Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
two bricks shy
Registered Users

Question HH sizing question

I am really pining after the maroon aplix with snaps HH dipe, but I'm unsure what size to get DD.The only pockets we've owned are medium FB's and a Blueberry which we've had some major sizing issues on (it's getting worked on).

Looking at the sizing chart, the girl looks right on the cusp of medium and large. She weighs around 21-22 pounds if our at home scale can be trusted. the lower limit of the large is 23 pounds and the upper of the medium is 25 pounds.

I remember the medium we tried on a little over a month ago, seemed to fit pretty good. She's working really hard on her walking prowess and I know she would be slimming down in the not too distant future. We're in the chunky thigh, little budda belly, right before we really take off walking stage of life.

Do you think it would be reasonable to assume that even if she goes over the weight limit, that the medium would still fit her once she starts slimming down?

I am terribly afraid of getting a medium dipe and she outgrows it in no time or getting the large size and it not fit. My current source special orders them so if I am go too big, returning may or may not be possible.

Any input would be great! Thanks!

Advertisement

two bricks shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HH sizing question

I'd stick with a medium mama. Large's will swallow her up. That's my opinion though.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:31 AM   #3
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 26-pound 2.5-year-old STILL wears mediums. I don't think she will ever be big enough for the larges. In fact, I got four larges off of the FSOT, and just resold them because they are HUGE on her. Too big even for my 3yo before she potty trained.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 AM   #4
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My almost 2-yr-old, 27-ish lb dd is in the larges, but I can def. see her also fitting the meds - the larges are quite big on her. Go with mediums, they'll fit for awhile, then if you need to, you can sell them to fund larges!
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #5
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a chunky 4 1/2 month old who is 18 lbs and there is tonnes of room in her mediums! The tabs touched in the middle until recently
Good luck! The snaps sound nice I love snaps! But the HH are great for everyone else because of the aplix!
clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:52 AM   #6
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a chunky 4 1/2 month old who is 18 lbs and there is tonnes of room in her mediums! The tabs touched in the middle until recently
Good luck! The snaps sound nice I love snaps! But the HH are great for everyone else because of the aplix!
clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #7
Steve's Wife
Registered Users
seller

I would check the rise. My DD outgrew mediums a few months ago when the rise was too low. But Larges were too big around her thighs for several months and just started fitting. She's 31cm tall and 28lbs.
Steve's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #8
sweetfeet
Registered Users
seller

I'd get a medium. HHs are generously sized imo and if she isn't at the bottom weight for a large it'll swim on her. Double check the rise but I think you'll get a good, trim fit with a medium and still have some room to grow.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:29 AM   #9
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

I say measure her first. Waist, thigh and rise. Hazel started wearing larges at a very young age, like before 6 months. But she was(is) chunky. I also thought she would slim down once she was walking, but she didn't. She still has huge thighs!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #10
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

I say go with a medium as my ds is 35 pounds and is almost outgrowing the large HH. He did not fit into the size large until he was about 28-30 pounds anyway!