Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #101
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing Photo (CONTAINS NUDITY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
Finding Eve's G Spot?!?!?!? The Orgy?!?!?!?!

The "natural child birth" one skeeves me out too. I could give a rats @$$ the artistic nature the photos are meant to have. That's disgusting to lump ANYTHING to do with children into a grouping of photos like that. And what in the ever loving hell is with the child sucking on the baby's foot?!? That does NOT depict any aspect of real life, and if it does then something is REALLY wrong.
Couldn't agree more....the whole collection is just wrong IMO. Not a tasteful BFing picture at all.....

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #102
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrae74 View Post
If my LO and I get out of the shower and she is hungry , I don't get dressed before I let her nurse.............
Oh, me too! But just the nature of the photo just makes me think why are they naked?
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #103
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx View Post
I know, I'm in the minority.

I can definitely appreciate this as part of the Art of Motherhood.

What she's doing - nursing - is not sexual. But she is not sexless, she is still a desireable woman and not "just a mother".

In an age where most breastfeeding art focuses exclusively on the mother-child bond, or the "happy glowy sexless mother", it's nice to see one that says "I am not just a boob, and it took sex to create this child". It's almost a representation of the circle of life, and it's definitely tones of the Sacred Mother, who is always desirable, fertile, and nurturing.

I totally get what you are saying!! It is not a pic showing her as a mom, it is not a pic showing her as a sex object. It is a pic representing who she is completely. As a whole. It is not to be taken as a literal picture of a sexy woman bfing her baby, but more to show what a woman really is. She is ALL of that, wife, mother, object of desire...

(I lost my train of thoughts when I got interrupted lol)
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #104
foxflame88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMommy View Post
see that's another thing! I just feel the pose & the fact that they are both completely naked, is what makes it akward in that sense, that it will be seen as sexual
While nursing pics are a wonderful thing, that one rubbed me wrong... seems to sexual to me.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #105
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxflame88 View Post
While nursing pics are a wonderful thing, that one rubbed me wrong... seems to sexual to me.
IMO, it is not meant to be a 'nursing pic.'
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #106
SorenEdenTuckers
Registered Users

My Mood:

OK, let me preface my comments by saying that I respect everyone and their opinions and I also want to say that I'm a hardcore BF advocate, my 3 children have all been EBF, I allow them to self wean, I nurse in public, I have plenty of nursing pictures

however...
That picture made me stop dead in my tracks...
for a couple of reasons.
# 1-mom is spread eagle and while I have no nudity hang ups and bathe with my sons, etc, I don't spread my legs in the presence of my children. I just don't do it
#2, the baby appears to be playing with moms nipple, my baby tries it, yes, do I allow it? Nope, and that child appears to be older...
#3 Baby is also naked-fine if we are taking a bath, fine if mom's got on some panties or if her legs are together or if baby was just born

I apologize if I offend anyone, but opinions were asked for.
It's pictures like this, that are not just not tasteful IMO and that further sexualize breastfeeding for people. In my opinion, this picture is off, I don't look at it and feel warm fuzzies of a mom nursing her baby, in fact it makes me feel kind of gross like it crosses some line that shouldn't be crossed.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #107
Scarlet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMommy View Post
see that's another thing! I just feel the pose & the fact that they are both completely naked, is what makes it akward in that sense, that it will be seen as sexual
I agree....its sexual IMO and not appropriate....

Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #108
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmommy View Post
For me it is the look on her face. I see nothing maternal in that face. I see sexual undertones. It is also the position that her body is in. It is a position of vulnerability and a position of offering. Whether she intends it or not this photo will find its way to the ****** underground and people will do things with this picture that I would assume she will not approve of.

ITA!

sorry, but is what I think of it
Old 06-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #109
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfitz5051 View Post
I totally get what you are saying!! It is not a pic showing her as a mom, it is not a pic showing her as a sex object. It is a pic representing who she is completely. As a whole. It is not to be taken as a literal picture of a sexy woman bfing her baby, but more to show what a woman really is. She is ALL of that, wife, mother, object of desire...

(I lost my train of thoughts when I got interrupted lol)

I understand where you are coming from with this as an "artistic" point of view....I guess I am just not that kind of person, I see things more literal...and I just see a child being exploited, (not in the full sense of the word) but more of an innocence....someone else said it earlier here. What would he think of that picture when he's 20? He can't take it back, his mom did it. kwim?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #110
Gypsy
Registered Users
seller

Ok when i first looked at the picture i went EWWWWWWWWWWW. That being said after reading everyone's thoughts and looking at it a couple more times. I have come to the conclusion how this pose could have happened if it was a personal and not a professional photo. For those who think it's a sexual look on her face (which i did when i took a quick glance at it the first time.) Say she just got out of the shower with her little one and nursed and DH comes in and says "Do you know how beautiful you are and how much i want you?" then she gives him a look and a litle signal (spreading legs) to let him know when she is done it will their time alone. Maybe it would have gotten a picture taken of it because he was in there taking pics of her nursing before he said it. Now for the people who thinks she looks grumpy. LOL i can so see this happening in my house. They get out of the shower and she nurses and DH comes in complaining "Honey did you know the fridge broke again?" or how about "Honey the kids flooded the toilet!" or anything along those lines that someone always tells us when we have our hands full and can't do anything about it right then and they can't seem to figure out how to take care of it themselves. She flops on her back in irritation and gives him the look like " You have to tell me this NOW??? anddddd while he is pinching me???? Why can't you just figure out how to take care of it since i am busy?" I have to say there are days that happens alot in my house. Also before someone says yeah but her legs are spread how many ppl in irritation or otherwise roll on their back with their legs perfectly spread every time? Not trying to start a contoversy just my

And i still don't like the picture. Because no matter how it was taken that should be a personal picture only and not a public one.

Gyps

*sorry about the book, was just trying to address all sides of the issue.*

Last edited by Gypsy; 06-13-2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Apologize
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote