Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:55 PM   #21
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non-Vaxers: How nice of my Mother.... (small rant)

Well said, mama. You know there's this video if it's easier for her to watch a video than read a bunch of info:
http://www.dark-truth.org/okt19-2006-2.html

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #22
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post
Well said, mama. You know there's this video if it's easier for her to watch a video than read a bunch of info:
Thanks! I want to watch it. I doubt she would though. Hopefully she will let it go.

BTW-I love how you say you're a "play at home Mom". That's really cute.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #23
sageandquinnsmommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post
what a great video! thanks for posting the link.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #24
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh boy...sounds like my husbands family. Normal weekly conversations begin with "How are you both?" and then immediately go into "so, did you decide to give that baby her shots yet? you really need to".
And, as Ive talked about in previous posts, his family seems to make our "reckless parenting" part of ALL family get togethers. And they are a HUGE gossiping family. Whatever you tell one, reaches the ears of the other 30 some odd family members within a week. So, at this point they ALL think we're nuts.

Hence why I basically dont do phone visits anymore, and just write brief "Were fine, your grandaughter is doing great, see you soon!" type things. I gets exhausting constantly hitting the SAME points over and over to no avail.

And Im with some of the other ladies, if they REALLY are that concerned about you not vaxing, the least they could do is find a website that is factual and up to date (sigh).
Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #25
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mom definitely doesn't understand your decision completely. Although I am a vaxing mom, I do see the point of view that most of you come from with non-vaxing. I say this because it was a very tough decision for us, but because some family members have things like Hep A, Hep B and Hep C, I felt that keeping them from killing my children was my best option ( A and C are easily passed though food/ saliva whereas Hep B is more of a blood borne and more intimate contact disease.) I just wish there was a vax for hep C because of 3 family members that were heavy drug users (granted I do not see them much any more, when they had a soda at my home I would panic, because kids pick up so much and just mouth it)
My decisions are based on situational and the probabilities of my children catching these things or I would have been a non-vax mom, I do wish more people were more open minded about non vaxing. We still do selective delays etc for some and dont do others at all, but we go by our environment... pertussis for example, there have been 3 huge outbreaks in our area, Im not risking that one because several children have passed because of it.

Sorry to hijack the thread... I pray that your mom, although not very likely, will come around and listen to the reasonings behind non vaxing and perhaps come to some sort of understanding.
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote