View Poll Results: How often do you bathe your children?
7 or more times per week 25 15.92%
5-6 times per week 38 24.20%
3-4 times per week 56 35.67%
twice a week 28 17.83%
once a week 12 7.64%
less than once a week 6 3.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How often do you bathe your DC?

Just curious on this one.. I get a whole lot of flack from my folks for not bathing my kids daily, but I dont see the point! Both my kids have dry/sensitive skin and its not like they are digging in ditches and getting filthy on a daily basis or something. They get their bottoms washed thoroughly with each diaper change and their hands/face as needed throughout the day.

DD gets bathed about once a week.. well actually I just bring her in the shower with me and put her in the Solorveil ringsling and soap her up through the sling. It works out pretty well and she loves the shower! If shes fussy a warm shower in the sling does the trick

DS gets a good scrub down in the bath or shower about once a week as well, however lately hes been getting one probably 3-4 times a week becasue if DH or I try to shower or bathe when he is awake he climbs right in. (He loves to play in the tub).

How often do you bathe your lil ones??

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you bathe your DC?

we bathe dd every night bc she loves the water my niece gets a bath every 2-3 days(she is almost 3)
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL!

When I brought DS1 home I thought I had to bathe him every day as an infant. With DS2, it was 2-3xs/wk. Same with DS3.

The older boys get a bath 2x/wk, more often in summer (swimming, sweating, etc.)
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Wow I am surprised to see that there are lots of others like me that only do it about once a week It's been a little more lately though since she's been getting into the dirt and really enjoys baths and family showers.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:

We bathe DD every night. It's not really so much that she needs to be bathed nightly, but just it's her routine. It calms her down and lets her know it's bedtime. It works great!

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
momof4in2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I said 5-6 I averaged the dc together...the oldest 2 get one every night the my 3rd dc gets one mostly every night if not more if he was outside and the baby...every other day.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Wow I am surprised to see that there are lots of others like me that only do it about once a week It's been a little more lately though since she's been getting into the dirt and really enjoys baths and family showers.
Hehe.. thats why i made the post.. I figured I couldnt be the ONLY one

And we're big "family shower" fans over here.. we often skip baths altogether and opt for the family shower route.. works out great and we all end up clean
Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #8
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It depends on the time of year. Usually about once a week. She has sensitive skin (like me) but she hardly ever gets dirty. We are meticulous with clean hands and face and we give her a bath as she needs it or once her hair gets too messy. When she plays outside a lot or as we start using sunscreen every day then she will be back to bathing every day or every other day.

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #9
sonie716
Registered Users

My Mood:

My son who is almost four gets a bath twice a week. newborn get a sponge bath every couple of days.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #10
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Mikey gets a bathe almost everyday. Either after breakfast or after dinner or both He is teh messiest eater & I cant stand him sticky and dirty so he gets cleaned up. But he loves to splash around in teh sink and it keeps him busy while I wash the dishes in the other side of the sink