View Poll Results: How often do you bathe your children?
7 or more times per week 25 15.92%
5-6 times per week 38 24.20%
3-4 times per week 56 35.67%
twice a week 28 17.83%
once a week 12 7.64%
less than once a week 6 3.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #61
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you bathe your DC?

Asterix and the twins get baths when they’re dirty. For Asterix this is about once a week if he doesn’t play outside or 3 times a week if he does and sometimes once a day. With the twins it can be 3 times a week or like yesterday 3 times a day!! LOL Alex is 9yo and she likes to shower everyday sometimes twice and will get in with the twins so 5-10 days a week for her.
7yo Ender is a whole different story!! He showers when I realize it’s been a few days and can convince him to take one. The kid never gets stinky and dirt seams to shake off him! If he had his way he’d never shower or bath. It’s gone 3 weeks once or twice before we physically put him in the shower. Then he wouldn’t get out till he’d used all the hot water!!!! I guess my DH was the same way as a kid so I have hope. I’m so glad it’s summer time now, he’ll at least get rinsed daily in the sprinklers and pools.

Oh and I DO NOT bathed infants!! Scare the @$@$%@%# out of me!! They get a bath when their button falls off. They get wiped down/sponge bath daily and a bath once every 4-8 weeks till they can sit up. Then it’s a bath every week or two till they start solids and crawling around 6mn when they get a bath once a week sometimes more. I get a lot of flak for this. But IMO babies just don’t get dirty so why wash off the natural protective oils from their skin and replace then with man made/synthetic ones (lotion)?? There has to be a reason that I have such a huge fear of washing a newborn! It’s as instinctive for me to keep my babies away from submersible water as it to put them to my breast to eat and carry them everywhere.

Advertisement

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #62
KatiesMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's dd's bedtime routine to have a bath. But I don't soap her up but 3-4 times a week. She also gets a bath when she has had a messy meal or super poopy diaper.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #63
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We bathe her every other day unless she does get really dirty for some reason. Like dh lets her out to play in the mud. Don't ask me why. I wonder myself.
My DD has eczema so we don't bathe every day if we can at all help it.
I can't do the once a week thing...lived in Germany where they only bathe once a week and by the end of the week. Granted I know those are adults but I personally can't get past it.