Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Problems w/ Baby Beehinds... help? UPDATE ADDED

Update: Just wanted to let you mamas know that I started pinning these and they are staying up wonderfully now! I still snap them, but pin where the wing-droop happens and they are GREAT!

Now fighting the temptation to buy more... fighting it... fighting it... wish I could velcro by bottom to this wagon!!!

Okay... I love how absorbant Baby Beehinds bamboo dipes are. They are crazy-absorbant! We use them at night for my son. We have five of them, and I sure do wish I could make them work for days for him, but I am having some problems with them.

My first problem is: WING DROOP! My son is very thin. I want to use the cross-over tab option, but I don't DARE because even when I don't have the tabs crossed, there is no way I am not going to be suffering MAJOR wing droop when I have these on him! Literally, when I just have the tabs snapped so that they are touching (on the smallest settings w/o crossing tabs), the dipe looks like it is falling off of him. I think that the snaps are too close together and there are also not ENOUGH snaps. If they are going to be that close together, there need to be three, like on Loveybums & PWP.

The other problem is that I want to use the fold-down front because my son also has a low rise, but when I do, it comes unfolded, then the tabs are snapped INSIDE the dipe and the dipe is drooping on my sons bum. So really, as far as the "one-size-ness" of this dipe I am feeling like: "What is the point?"

Sooo... does any one have any suggestions? Are there WAHMs out there that I could have add a couple snaps for me? I don't know what to do. Every time I look at my BBHs, I feel a little tad of anger in me that the snaps were so NOT well-thought-out on such a great diaper.

We love to go coverless in our house. And with a diaper as absorbant as BBH, there is just no need for a cover, except to keep it on? I put it on him coverless at night and he doesn't wet all the way through... we have less problems w/ fit at night because he moves less. Maybe they weren't expecting a baby as active as my son to be wearing it on the small settings... my son is almost 13 months old and is still in a small fuzzi bunz No hips or butt on this kid at all.

Does any one have any suggestions to help me out? And does any one think a WAHM adding a couple snaps for me could make these dipes work for me or is that just wishful thinking?

Anyone else have similar frustrations w/ these dipes?

Thanks, Ladies!!!
-Molly

Advertisement

Last edited by MollyJones; 06-19-2007 at 09:50 AM.
MollyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Problems w/ Baby Beehinds... help?

Im using them at night for a 33lb toddler so nope we dont have those issues at all. If I did I wouldnt use the snaps at all, I would snappi those bad boys ;-) Seriously, I wonder if that would work?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

And I have to add, if you do not solve this problem - which I very much hope you do! - I would be more than happy to take one or two of the Baby Beehinds off your hands.

Is that poor etiquette?

R

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #4
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmom2three View Post
Im using them at night for a 33lb toddler so nope we dont have those issues at all. If I did I wouldnt use the snaps at all, I would snappi those bad boys ;-) Seriously, I wonder if that would work?
I am so off to try this right now!!! Thanks for the idea!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #5
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosella View Post
And I have to add, if you do not solve this problem - which I very much hope you do! - I would be more than happy to take one or two of the Baby Beehinds off your hands.

Is that poor etiquette?

R
Whether it is or not, I wasn't offended by it. But they work fine for night (when he doesn't move quite as much... ), which is the main reason I bought them.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Problems w/ Baby Beehinds... help? UPDATE ADDED

Added update for the mamas helping me out!