Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #11
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaivensMama
yah that is why I responded to this job, I wasn't even planning on working but this said stay at home mom to nanny for my 4 month old in your home or mine...I was all over it...although the drawbacks are I have minimal baby items here, her mom brought me a bed, bouncer and we share the car seat but I need more!!!!! yet I can't afford to get her things , and the things I want to get her, mom won't let me..like a saucer she associates them with a walker because she has not researched them yet and feels they might be unsafe and wants to hold off on things like that .... but I am sorry she is very heavy, and hates her bouncy and will NEVER let me put her down....she cat naps all day never long naps so I am stuck peeing with her in my arms!!!!!!! She loves her swing and johnny jumper at home but her mom only has her like 2 hours a day and keeps all those things there ...

thats sounds like how my son was nly cat naps etc: at 3 months
now he's like "nap what's that?" usually
I LOVE my walker and the saucer. We got one loaned to us and one at a garage sale free. Hide them from the mom. It allows us to eat now without screamming !!!!!!!!!!!

oh, your orignal question ... sposie

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #12
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy

thats sounds like how my son was nly cat naps etc: at 3 months
now he's like "nap what's that?" usually
I LOVE my walker and the saucer. We got one loaned to us and one at a garage sale free. Hide them from the mom. It allows us to eat now without screamming !!!!!!!!!!!

oh, your orignal question ... sposie
OMG!!!!!! I'm sorry I think that is so wrong "hide them from the mom" The mother obviously doesnt want her child in them for a reason, and that reason SHOULD be respected (and Im not directing this towards TaivensMom at all )

Anyway, I agree with the pp just ask the mom to buy a pack of sposies or add in the money for sposies into your check and you can get them and just send her home in one. No biggie. Good luck! Let us know how it all pans out.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 AM   #13
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A bumbo is a seat that allows a baby who doesnt sit on its own yet sit supported in this device..here's a link http://www.bumbobabysitter.com/ I have heard great and terrible things about it, Ava can tip herself over in it, which is why her mother feels she can only use the seat at home. I think she just doesn't want me to be liable for anything, but I too think a play center would be great for Ava, she LOVES to be standing but I can only do this when i hold her. I am really trying to keep her in her bouncer for a few minutes at a time regularly through out the day and it is starting to work...so I hope we can get over this hurtle until she can sit onher own and I think she will be much happier...as she is reallllly happy in her bumbo. And just for the record she wants me to use cloth with Ava too, it's not just me, she had hopes to do cloth to begin with but knowing she would have to return to work didn't use cloth from the start thinking a care provider wouldn't either and has now gotten so used to the idea of throwing poopie diapers away she was grossed out by having to keep the poopie diaper haha...she loves having Ava in cloth here, but admits she just can't handle the poop herself hehe....I am affraid of how I will deal with solid food poo when she gets to that stage because I am not a fan of poo either! haha...I had my son trained at 14 mnths because I can't stand the smell haha...I am sure Ava will be in dipes for years to come so I better get used to it hahaha
Old 06-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #14
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the info on the bumbo!!! ($40 ouch!!! one day though!) i understand ava tips over in hers sometimes, but you would think she would trust you enough that she could take something so simple to you everyday?
i hope you can get through this w/o having to deal with more backaches and screaming. i think it's great that you do cloth for her and honestly if she didn't want you to use cloth she obviously wouldn't have had any quams (sp?) about telling you, b/c she said no to the saucer...silly posters.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13

Last edited by myajdw; 06-22-2006 at 11:23 AM.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #15
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama
OMG!!!!!! I'm sorry I think that is so wrong "hide them from the mom" The mother obviously doesnt want her child in them for a reason, and that reason SHOULD be respected (and Im not directing this towards TaivensMom at all )

Anyway, I agree with the pp just ask the mom to buy a pack of sposies or add in the money for sposies into your check and you can get them and just send her home in one. No biggie. Good luck! Let us know how it all pans out.

before any flames start i should say i was joking about the hiding them from the mom part
they just have made our lives alot easier
and we still hold and play with our son alot, but now he can "walk" himself around a little instead on me doing it ALL day which would be a lot easier if he tolerated carriers well .. even a mom's gota eat sometimes and it is nice to brush your teeth, get dressed etc without screaming
and we don't have stairs for him to run his walker down so for us it still seems pretty safe at this house

sorry about the highjack i just thought i should clarify that

Last edited by negrapy; 06-22-2006 at 11:14 AM.
negrapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #16
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hehe..Oh yes I agree I would NEVER hide anything from her...I have extreme respect for her mother I would not hide things or not be truthful with her, heck she even knows I nap when Ava naps!
And I thought the same thing, that a walker wouldn't be an issue since we don't have stairs here...but she still thinks they are unsafe...hmmm

Last edited by TaivensMama; 06-22-2006 at 11:22 AM.
TaivensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #17
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey youre so great at sewing, make yourself a couple carriers!! like a pouch to start with since shes still little, and then make a couple other ones, and see hoqw it goes, then you can do stuff and have her be held

i think walkers are unsafe as well, my dad forced oone on my son but after a LOT of protesting from me and i flat ou refused to let them put the wheels on it even though it stayed on the bottom floor, especially the metal bottom ones are very unsafe. and some people and studies say that the babies hanging in them can mess u0 their spines and legs and give them a flase sense of security, etc... that may be her issues with them, the one my son ended up with is big and plastic and has liek 4 columns at the corners instead of the crossing metal bars too, if i had my way theres no way he would have even had one, though. my dads family thinks im 12 thinking i have a baby doll and they know whats best. i lived with them for 3 months last year... thats where the forcing comes from lol, its not that he bought it and i just could not use it at my house or something. but yah..
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #18
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the advice...I did make a few carriers for Ava...but to me it's still holding her and its even harder to pee with her in a carrier! haha I do love the pouch though she does too...gonna try a few others too...
Old 06-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #19
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I dont allow dc to use an exercauser w/dd either. We have one but I want to be sure its use is minimized. No more than 1hr total a day in 15min intervals adn DH likes to use it so I told DC NOPE sorry.

to answer your original question, I'd say send her home in a disposable. easier for all concerned IMO.
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #20
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

When my first child was in daycare, they used cloth there, but I used sposies. They just asked that each week we had 5 sposies in her cubby for them to change her into before she went home. I'd do that.