Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #21
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do?

My only issue with not allowing me to use things is I have to let her cry, I hate to have this be the only option!...but at times I HAVE to put her down...I can't hold her while I carry hot water to warm her bottles in or cook for my son or myself...I try to do this when she sleeps but again she cat naps and ANY sound wakes her..even so much as the cat walking by her bed!!! I have fans running and have even tried the TV on a low volume for background noise...I feel like I should have at least SOMETHING to put her in while I do the needed things through out the day that require putting her down like her mom has at home, she often speaks of how she is so greatful to have this or that to entertain her while she packs (she is moving and has her in all the various apparatuses while she does so) but even she is struggling with her need to be held, because it is increasing due to the fact that is ALL I CAN DO with her...she SCREAMS if I am not...and now her mom is even struggling with not being able to get anything done because she is constantly crying if she isn't held...but like I said earlier I was able to have her entertain herself for a few minutes at a time while in her bouncer..and I left her in her bed while she was still happy after waking to get used to Not being held for 10 hours straight it was so bad last week she wouldnt even sleep unless she was being held!...and she is HEAVY...thank god he made babies so cute! And I think I will let her mom know to bring me sposies starting next wekk, I think it will be easier for her too as she often goes on long drives to her parents right after picking her up or runs around town and cloth may not be the best option for prolonged trips...thanks for everyones comments

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #22
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried asking her mom for ideas? Just tell her you need some options. She doesn't want you using the exersaucer and jumpy seat and you need to be able to sit Ava down for short periods here and there. What would she recommend? Good luck to you! My DS was like this for a while. Since he's learned to crawl and cruise, he has gotten MUCH better about it, though.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 PM   #23
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes I have brought it up to her and she says her bouncer has been her only option so far....I know when she becomes mobile she will be happier yay!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:31 AM   #24
shycrazychica
Registered Users

I would just have her put the dirty in a wet bag and as for carrying the baby go to www.thebabywearer.com and you will find TONS of awesome carriers!! Trust me using a Mei Tai is waaaay easier than checking on dd every 30 minutes to make sure she is okay!
shycrazychica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:02 AM   #25
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As a child care provider I'd say you need to purchase a few items. Keep the receipts for your taxes. I've found many good, clean, non-recalled items at our local resale shops. And don't forget Freecycle. If she isn't mobile yet she might like the gyms they lay under with the dangling toys. Look for things that make noise by themselves or when she touches them. Zane nor neither of my dc kids liked a bouncy seat, but all three love the FP Rocker with calming vibrations. Laying either dc child in the crib with the mobile or FP aquarium would usually give me time to pee or make a bottle. A good high chair or kitchen booster might work well too- and you'll need one eventually anyway. They have ones with toys, or you can get suction toys to stick on it. At her age it may not keep her happy for long, but it should work long enough to pee or fix a bottle.

Re: the child's mom, I think you need to be blunt with her. Tell her you do NOT want her child crying, but you HAVE to have time to pee or make her bottle. Ask her what she does at home when she needs to make dinner, put groceries away, etc. I do not think that is too much to ask. At any job a person is given time to pee, and they need to be able to do their job properly, which in your case means make a bottle.

And, please, make yourself a good carrier. A MT or wrap that could be used on your back would make life sooooo much eaiser. You could even make ds lunch.

I know it's hard, hang in there.

Oh, and to the orginial question, yep, I'd send her home in sposies. I love using cloth on my dc kids, but my fluff stays here.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #26
lovemybabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could you get a swing for your place? You could check freecycle.org or craigslist to see if anyone is offering one up free near you.

Sposie to answer your question.

Last edited by lovemybabies; 06-24-2006 at 11:06 AM.
lovemybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #27
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Bunny
Give her a wetbag and tell her to put the dirty in that and bring it back to you
ITA

I dont allow spoises in my house, I have a few on hand in all sizes incase someone is visiting I will let them try a cd to gain a convert
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #28
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies...those were some good tips...I have been checking out craigslist often for free or low cost items and have run across a few great things...we are ttc so its not like the items would go to waist because we can eventually use them for our bean..and I really want to make a back carrier as i am affraid to have her on my back in a pouch its just not secure enough for me so a MT would be a great option...
Old 06-24-2006, 11:27 AM   #29
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a mei tai all the time, and YES you can pee carrying a baby in one I never really put any of my kids down until they could sit by themselves.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #30
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good to know and she is soooo very close to sitting for long enough to really be considered sitting now but still a while till I can leave her sitting to pee...so good to know a mt would work to go hehe..if i have her high enough in the pouch it works too...