Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
mommyto7littlestinkers's Avatar
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 151
My Mood:
PlEASE DELETE i've gotten my answers

I vaxinate my kids but do not want to.my son who is now 6 started having seizures after having his 15 month shots ,he had what is called a statis epilepticus seizure that lasted 3 &1/2 hours ,he had to be on life support for 8 days and now is considered an epileptic.He has to take anti seizure medicine 2 times per day.Anyway my question is how do you get away with not doing it ,it is mandatory in our state and I even know someone who almost had her kids taken away for choosing not to vaxinate.

Advertisement

__________________
Heather bf,bw,cs,hs,mom to 7,3in cd's age 10&8,6 ,5 ,2 & 1 & 4 m

Last edited by mommyto7littlestinkers; 06-15-2007 at 11:25 PM.
mommyto7littlestinkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
JustAugust's Avatar
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 12,049
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

It's not mandatory. There are exemptions depending on your state, all states have at least one. Medical, religious, or philisophical.

They cannot take your children away because you don't vaccinate. There has to be a substancial reason and being educated about vaccines and refusing them isn't substancial.
__________________
Tiffany, Mama to the incredible JM (3.25.06) , NC (7.28.10) and EH (9.23.13)
We don't vaccinate, we kept our sons intact, we use cloth diapers, we co-sleep, we extended RF, we breastfeed, but we watch too much tv and I totally dig plastic! Everyone has their issues, lol.

Last edited by JustAugust; 06-11-2007 at 09:44 PM.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
MamaLove's Avatar
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In LOVE there is no fear
Posts: 2,866
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

I'm so sorry to hear that. I suggest you report this to VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting System: http://vaers.hhs.gov/

There are homeopathic remedies to help your ds. Look for a local homeopath or search online. There have been good results for reversing negative effects of vaccines with homeopathics.

As for the laws, they are not manditory, they just want you to think that. You have a good reason to refuse now, you can get a medical exemption for sure. Get you're doctor to write one for you! Check out your state's exemption laws here:
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html

Being informed is the best protection against any more harm being done.
__________________
Christina ~ Grateful Wife and Play-At-Home-Mama To 2 Boys
www.aloha-creations.com

Last edited by MamaLove; 06-11-2007 at 09:57 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
lilmama2dsndd's Avatar
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,515
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

My DD has seizures and although vaccinations didn't cause them to start, her 6 month round did trigger one that caused slight brain damage so we stopped vaxing.

Somewhere there is a website that lists each state's vax exemptions, I am lucky that in Texas we get all 3 above mentioned options, but in no state is it manditory, they just want you to think it is so you don't bother to become educated


ETA: Found this by googling:

Alabama - (3) A written objection from the parent or guardian of a student based on religious tenets and practices shall be submitted in person by the parent or guardian to the County Health Department for issuance of a Certificate of Religious Exemption from the required immunizations or testing. A licensed physician can provide individual exemption from the required immunizations or testing on a Certificate of Medical Exemption. The Certificate of Religious Exemption and the Certificate of Medical Exemption will be on forms approved by the Alabama Department of Public Health and will be accepted in lieu of the Certificate of Immunization.

Authority: Code of Alabama, 1975, Section 16-30-5, et. seq.
Author: Donald E. Williamson, M.D.; Charles H. Woernle, M.D., M.P.H.
History: October 1, 1982; Amendment June 11, 1993; Amended: Filed
1/17/97, Effective 2/21/97.

From: http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html
__________________
SAHM to James (5 yrs) & Alice (3.5 yrs)
0*1*2*3 4

Last edited by lilmama2dsndd; 06-11-2007 at 09:55 PM.
lilmama2dsndd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
laytonsmama's Avatar
laytonsmama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 259
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

No vax is ever MANDATORY. No one can make you give your child a shot that you don't want. I live in CA and I've actually found it to be more widely accepted that I don't vaccinate than I thought it would have been!!
__________________
Mama to Wyatt David, Layton Spencer, Timber Ann and Mason Allen
laytonsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
foodie.yarnie.mommie.'s Avatar
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,254
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

just wanted to add (( big hugs )), I hope you find the info you need.
__________________
Kelly, knitting mama to 3 little loves and wifey to the hubs
foodie.yarnie.mommie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #7
mommyto7littlestinkers's Avatar
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 151
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

thank you for the link!!
I talked to my doctor when it was time for his next shots about not getting them because of what happened she said it was mandatory that they get them unless there is proven medical reason not to Hello!!!! isnt almost dying a proven medical reason.she says the good outweighs the bad.:Blah:!:blah:!:blah:
__________________
Heather bf,bw,cs,hs,mom to 7,3in cd's age 10&8,6 ,5 ,2 & 1 & 4 m
mommyto7littlestinkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #8
mommyto7littlestinkers's Avatar
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 151
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. I suggest you report this to VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting System: http://vaers.hhs.gov/

There are homeopathic remedies to help your ds. Look for a local homeopath or search online. There have been good results for reversing negative effects of vaccines with homeopathics.

As for the laws, they are not manditory, they just want you to think that. You have a good reason to refuse now, you can get a medical exemption for sure. Get you're doctor to write one for you! Check out your state's exemption laws here:
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html

Being informed is the best protection against any more harm being done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimibella View Post
just wanted to add (( big hugs )), I hope you find the info you need.
Thanks!!!!
__________________
Heather bf,bw,cs,hs,mom to 7,3in cd's age 10&8,6 ,5 ,2 & 1 & 4 m
mommyto7littlestinkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
mommyto7littlestinkers's Avatar
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 151
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama2dsndd View Post
My DD has seizures and although vaccinations didn't cause them to start, her 6 month round did trigger one that caused slight brain damage so we stopped vaxing.

Somewhere there is a website that lists each state's vax exemptions, I am lucky that in Texas we get all 3 above mentioned options, but in no state is it manditory, they just want you to think it is so you don't bother to become educated


ETA: Found this by googling:

Alabama - (3) A written objection from the parent or guardian of a student based on religious tenets and practices shall be submitted in person by the parent or guardian to the County Health Department for issuance of a Certificate of Religious Exemption from the required immunizations or testing. A licensed physician can provide individual exemption from the required immunizations or testing on a Certificate of Medical Exemption. The Certificate of Religious Exemption and the Certificate of Medical Exemption will be on forms approved by the Alabama Department of Public Health and will be accepted in lieu of the Certificate of Immunization.

Authority: Code of Alabama, 1975, Section 16-30-5, et. seq.
Author: Donald E. Williamson, M.D.; Charles H. Woernle, M.D., M.P.H.
History: October 1, 1982; Amendment June 11, 1993; Amended: Filed
1/17/97, Effective 2/21/97.

From: http://www.unhinderedliving.com/statevaccexemp.html
Thanks for the information sorry you have to live with epilepsy too.Does your dd have to take medications?I hate my son having to take it .we are the kinda people who dont even take tylenol unless you just have to,if you know what I mean.
__________________
Heather bf,bw,cs,hs,mom to 7,3in cd's age 10&8,6 ,5 ,2 & 1 & 4 m
mommyto7littlestinkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
MamaLove's Avatar
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In LOVE there is no fear
Posts: 2,866
My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

You may want to check this out about vaccine detox:
http://www.elixirs.com/products.cfm?productcode=Q13

And homeopathic remedies for seizures that are safe to use with meds or alone:
http://www.elixirs.com/products.cfm?productcode=S50A

And a place to find specific remedies for specific symptoms:
http://www.abchomeopathy.com/go.php

Homeopathic remedies are much safer than meds, you kid could eat a whole bottle and be just fine because they are so diluted. I've seen them work really well, and I think they're definately worth a try for your ds.

Oh, and I can't believe your doc! 3 1/2 hours of seizures and 8 days on life support is way more dangerous than than getting measles or mumps or whooping cough or any disease that is vaxed for, most of them used to be commen childhood diseases just like chicken pox. Doctors are bribed into pushing vaxes. Maybe another doc would be more realistic and write an exemption after knowing the incident. Definately don't let anyone pressure you into doing it again!

Big hugs for you and your little one.
__________________
Christina ~ Grateful Wife and Play-At-Home-Mama To 2 Boys
www.aloha-creations.com
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.