Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #11
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for non vaxing parents?clue me in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto7littlestinkers View Post
Thanks for the information sorry you have to live with epilepsy too.Does your dd have to take medications?I hate my son having to take it .we are the kinda people who dont even take tylenol unless you just have to,if you know what I mean.

She was taking something for a while (I can't recall the name ATM) but it was really horrible and made her a different child. We figured out what her triggers were and now just watch her to avoid them. She hasn't has a seizure since last July so we are almost at a year seizure free. Her neurologist said if we can go 2 years seizure free her brain (because its so young) should be able to heal itself. We are hoping she can make it another year and everything will be ok.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #12
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
thank you for the link!!
I talked to my doctor when it was time for his next shots about not getting them because of what happened she said it was mandatory that they get them unless there is proven medical reason not to Hello!!!! isnt almost dying a proven medical reason.she says the good outweighs the bad.:Blah:!:blah:!:blah:
Start dr. hopping. You can ask for recs on non-vax friendly dr's in your area on the mothering.com message boards in the finding your tribe forum.

Actually a better bet would be to claim a religious exemption. They may try to say it's only the MMR that your dc has a reaction to.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #13
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama2dsndd View Post
She was taking something for a while (I can't recall the name ATM) but it was really horrible and made her a different child. We figured out what her triggers were and now just watch her to avoid them. She hasn't has a seizure since last July so we are almost at a year seizure free. Her neurologist said if we can go 2 years seizure free her brain (because its so young) should be able to heal itself. We are hoping she can make it another year and everything will be ok.
jacob takes trileptal he used to take tegretol these medicines are horrible I had the sweetist little angel pre medication now we deal with behavior issues and have to worry about him eating enough.the neurologist says we have to go 2 years seizure free to come off meds he hasnt had but 1 clonic tonic (gran mal)seizure in a year but he has absense seizures where he starts to stare and is unaware of his surrondings for a minte or two almost daily several times per day,they havnt said he has any brai damage but he does have alot of learning disabilities.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #14
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Start dr. hopping. You can ask for recs on non-vax friendly dr's in your area on the mothering.com message boards in the finding your tribe forum.

Actually a better bet would be to claim a religious exemption. They may try to say it's only the MMR that your dc has a reaction to.
do they ask you what religion?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #15
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They might ask your religion, but legally you don't have to tell them. And depending on the state you are in you may have philisophical exemptions. That allows you just to opt out because you don't feel right giving the vaxes. I got the philisophical here in Tx on both of my boys even though you don't need them unless your kids are entering school. i like to have them on hand in case some one starts asking questions. I also have a wonderful ped who doesn't push us about the vax issue. My oldest son is autistic because of the MMR vax.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #16
motherdragon926
Registered Users

I am so sorry about your son!

I live in one of the states without a religious exemption, but I still don't vax my son. We haven't had any problems. The vaxes are only "required" for schools/daycares, not just for existing, kwim? So it is true that in this particular state I can't send my son to a public school (which we planned to homeschool anyway), but it isn't illegal at all for him not to be vaxed.

Good luck with your research and decisions.
motherdragon926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #17
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Info about religious exemption:
http://www.know-vaccines.org/rights.html

Quote:
The first amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits states from discriminating between people based on their religious beliefs. If there is any state law that allows for exemption based on religious beliefs, it is available to all those people who hold religious beliefs against immunization even if their beliefs are personal and unique to them alone.
And a Christian personal religious exemption letter:
http://www.la-home-education.com/tah...relexempt.html
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #18
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, because of the right to religious freedom in the U.S., you are never required to tell them which religion or belong to any organized religion (church, synogogue, etc).

Alabama's vax law
Quote:
The provisions of this chapter shall not apply if:

(1) In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat thereof, the parent or guardian of the child shall object thereto in writing on grounds that such immunization or testing conflicts with his religious tenets and practices; or...

(3) A written objection from the parent or guardian of a student based on religious tenets and practices shall be submitted in person by the parent or guardian to the County Health Department for issuance of a Certificate of Religious Exemption from the required immunizations or testing. A licensed physician can provide individual exemption from the required immunizations or testing on a Certificate of Medical Exemption. The Certificate of Religious Exemption and the Certificate of Medical Exemption will be on forms approved by the Alabama Department of Public Health and will be accepted in lieu of the Certificate of Immunization.

When you write the exemption letter make sure you say absolutely nothing about it being your own personal reasons (philisophical exemption which Alabama does not have or allow). Don't say anything about them being dangerous or being made from aborted fetal tissue. I believe most people say something to the effect of they believe God has created them with an immune system for fighting off diseases and to keep them healthy and vaccinating would be like telling God you didn't think He did a good enough job. Obviously DO NOT word it like that, lol. Literature was never a strength of mine if you can't tell already. Before you have it notarized by the health department, have somebody on mothering.com (vaccination forum) proof read it for you. Long Island is really good at exemption letters.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #19
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
No, because of the right to religious freedom in the U.S., you are never required to tell them which religion or belong to any organized religion (church, synogogue, etc).

Alabama's vax law

When you write the exemption letter make sure you say absolutely nothing about it being your own personal reasons (philisophical exemption which Alabama does not have or allow). Don't say anything about them being dangerous or being made from aborted fetal tissue. I believe most people say something to the effect of they believe God has created them with an immune system for fighting off diseases and to keep them healthy and vaccinating would be like telling God you didn't think He did a good enough job. Obviously DO NOT word it like that, lol. Literature was never a strength of mine if you can't tell already. Before you have it notarized by the health department, have somebody on mothering.com (vaccination forum) proof read it for you. Long Island is really good at exemption letters.
so I just write a letter stating my reasons religous only have it notorized take it to the health department.then what do they give you something then saying you are exempt or do you wait for them to aprove it or what
Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #20
mommyto7littlestinkers
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post
Info about religious exemption:
http://www.know-vaccines.org/rights.html

And a Christian personal religious exemption letter:
http://www.la-home-education.com/tah...relexempt.html
thanks for the example letter.it says dear nurse so what nurse is that .and if you get immunizations at your ped. do you still send it to the health dept.