Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ds has diarrhea and a rash....help

My ds has really yukky diarrhea and his little bum is now red and irritaed looking.....what do you all do at times like this.
I have bb's rash cream and angel baby bottom balm, as well as aveno diaper cream.....I'm trying everything....maybe I havent given them long enough to work yet?
BTW bb diaper cream and the angel baby both stain dipes......ugh
Jackie

Advertisement

blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: ds has diarrhea and a rash....help

lay some fleece in the diapers this will help with staining!

if you can lay a few PF's on the floor and let him air out--i hope gets better soon
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

Audrianna also had a bit of diarreah and a rash but since I only have desitin right now thata all we have cant afford anythingelse especially since audriannas hightone cp is doing bad and she needs all this new mefical stuff anf therapy but that was on a whole other post. We have been sticking a strip on fleece liner in her diaper it seems to be fine. I throw it in the wash seperate havent noticed any funky smell from the desitin. Now she is opposite constipated and a rash from that she gets it out but just seems to struggle a bit. I guess I am gonna have to keep tabs on this post also so that i can get some advice.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

mama(s)
Mason is also having diarrhia since a few days and developed a bright red rash by now.
Instead of rash creams (they didn't help) I now use 'Bepanthen' cream I use for every 'wound' and it always helped a lot. Not sure if they sell this cream here in the US though. I always get them shipped from my mom.

I just googled it and eventhough the tube looks different, I assume it's the same cream
http://www.onlinepharmacynz.com/prod...hen_Cream.html
Old 06-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
ModernMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whenever dd gets diarhea I try to increase her acidophilus intake. This can be found in yougurt and also can be taken as a supplement. If you are nursing also increase your intake. Try to let his tush air out as much as possible and try spreading plain yougurt on the rash. Also, tea tree oil is an amazing anti-fungal. I have used this in water or straight and dabbed it on with a cotton ball. Hope he's feeling better soon!
ModernMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been laying in fleece liners now that I know those creams will stain. I gave him an oatmeal bath, naked time, cream etc....its so red he cries when he wets his diaper and when he falls on his bum (he's just learned how to walk.) He's scheduled for surgery tomorrow (tubes in his ears.) and I think I'm going to try to cancel the procedure until he feels better......
Off to check his diaper again.....

Jackie
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
mamabear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've found that sunning the buns (like sunning the dipes ) works wonders. Can you lay him on his belly outside and play with him so his bottom gets direct sun contact, maybe? I wouldn't do it for too long and risk a sunburn - OUCH! But I think the combo of the sun and fresh air on a naked little butt would really help out...it does for us, anyway.

I really like the TTO idea - I'll have to remember that one.
mamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #8
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Poor little guy. What works for us is cortizone when it's really bad. With a fleece liner because it will stain. Our guy just had this.... so sad. Hope you moved his surgery..

Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #9
Faithsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

one thing i do w/ my little guy is (this may sound weird)... i don't use wipes. i have a spray bottle that i fill with warm water andf spray the poop off onto a cloth under his bum and then i PAT him dry w/ a cloth. I then sprinkle him w/ cornstarch and then put a dipe on. this works wonders. my guy gets rashes so easily, he had one in the hospital!!!! He has very sensitive skin and i find this to work and be most gentle.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #10
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Get those baby's some fresh air and some sun mama's it helps a lot. Keep up the other stuff it will go away!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote