Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
I need some support/advice

DS is 6m old and we are still nursing full time... Well for the next three weeks I have to play army during the day... I am away from him from 5:30 am till 4 Pm every day Mon-fri.. I am soo not used to pumping this much... But on drill weekends I normally pump during the day twice... Then I go home and nurse him..

So what do mommies who pump do to keep there milk supply up, and maintain while away from kiddies???

I pump at least once during the day, cause I dont have the feeling of needing to pump any other time.. Thanks for the advice !!!! : )

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need some support/advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranbabyjayden View Post
DS is 6m old and we are still nursing full time... Well for the next three weeks I have to play army during the day... I am away from him from 5:30 am till 4 Pm every day Mon-fri.. I am soo not used to pumping this much... But on drill weekends I normally pump during the day twice... Then I go home and nurse him..

So what do mommies who pump do to keep there milk supply up, and maintain while away from kiddies???

I pump at least once during the day, cause I dont have the feeling of needing to pump any other time.. Thanks for the advice !!!! : )
If he's still FT BF, you'll want to pump at least twice per day. three if you can manage it, just to keep your supply up.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

I've been pumping 3 to 4 times a day here at work... Its working at least... I just sooo not used to pumping this often! LOL... Once I get home, I nurse my DS, and feed him dinner, then nurse him again, and during the night when he wants it.. Probably 3 or 4 times, I think he is a comfort nurser in bed with us.. Then before I leave, I make sure he is good, and go off to work.. Its onyl for 3 weeks so I keep reminding myself I will have my old routine back when I get done..

Ugh I sooo hate being away from DS..
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:

Pumping 3 or 4 times is great, drink lots of water, and you can try mother milk tea. I had to do that for 10mos...
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote