Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
UGH, i'm sick of thrush...GSE question

OK, so I did a 3 day GV treatment and we've still got the thrush...I took a bit of a break since we had tons of family coming in and I wanted a non-purple baby, lol.

I just got liquid GSE from the store...should I be taking this orally as well as using it on my nipples & swabbing in baby's mouth?

Can I use this in conjunction with GV? I'm gonna do another few days to make 7 total.

I've also been taking acidophilus and ran out and got some Life Start nursing & infant probiotic that also contains acidophilus that i'll be starting in a couple days.

Can all this be used in conjunction with nystatin (oral for baby), and diflucan pills for me (14 day treatment)?

And...should I be doing a nipple cream too? (monistat, neosporin, hydrocortisone)

I want to kick this thing since it'll get better for a couple days and then all of a sudden his tongue will look whiter that it did the days before that, and then the nipple pain will come back.

Oh, and i've been using vinegar in my dipe wash...should I use GSE instead now that i've got it?

thanks mamas...you have been such a great help!

Advertisement

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
mondoowolfe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH, i'm sick of thrush...GSE question

I tell my pts to use the GSE 10-20 drops by mouth twice daily. . . you may want to mix it with a shot of OJ or something. It's safe to use with everything else. I don't know about the vinegar vs. GSE for dipes though. . . you may want to use a little bleach instead.
mondoowolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoowolfe View Post
I tell my pts to use the GSE 10-20 drops by mouth twice daily. . . you may want to mix it with a shot of OJ or something. It's safe to use with everything else. I don't know about the vinegar vs. GSE for dipes though. . . you may want to use a little bleach instead.
thanks!

any other help or advise?

Old 06-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Distinctive Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: shandyms
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowbrite812 View Post
OK, so I did a 3 day GV treatment and we've still got the thrush...I took a bit of a break since we had tons of family coming in and I wanted a non-purple baby, lol.

I just got liquid GSE from the store...should I be taking this orally as well as using it on my nipples & swabbing in baby's mouth? I never swabbed ds's mouth, I mixed 1 oz. distilled water and 10 drops gse and would swab my nipples 8 or so times a day. Also took about 10 drops in grapefruit juice nightly.

Can I use this in conjunction with GV? I'm gonna do another few days to make 7 total. Never used GV, so can't help you there.

I've also been taking acidophilus and ran out and got some Life Start nursing & infant probiotic that also contains acidophilus that i'll be starting in a couple days. Good - I swear that acidophilus is what helped me the most.

Can all this be used in conjunction with nystatin (oral for baby), and diflucan pills for me (14 day treatment)? Yes, according to my mw.

And...should I be doing a nipple cream too? (monistat, neosporin, hydrocortisone) I did - would put it on after I swabbed with GSE solution and had let it dry. (Nystatin cream)

Oh, and i've been using vinegar in my dipe wash...should I use GSE instead now that i've got it? I didn't use GSE in the wash, just a scoop of baking soda and hot wash like normal. I've read (I forget where) that baking soda creates an environment that kills the yeast. Vinegar might do the same thing though.

thanks mamas...you have been such a great help!
Hope that helps some! If you haven't yet, you might check out www.kellymom.com - they have a wonderful section all about thrush and its treatments.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyms View Post
Hope that helps some! If you haven't yet, you might check out www.kellymom.com - they have a wonderful section all about thrush and its treatments.
thanks mama! i think i'm gonna make/get some cream to use. as of right now his tongue looks much better, but it seems to always change the next day

Old 06-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #6
ThePezChick
Registered Users

The only thing that worked for me was a double dose of Diflucan. I had to call the OB back to get the second prescription.
ThePezChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePezChick View Post
The only thing that worked for me was a double dose of Diflucan. I had to call the OB back to get the second prescription.
so how long were you on it? 28 days? i've heard that people have had to go an xtra 7, but wasnt sure if you could take it longer.