Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is your reason for choosing the type of diaper you use most?

i use different ones for different reason, but bere is what my sytem looks like its turning into.

Daytime: fitteds or coverless prefolds when im not busy, mostly for PLing purposes. We dont push the PLing thing but I try to stay in cue with when my kids need to go, and if diapers been dry along time a trip to the potty never hurts. (even my 7 month old has been going on the potty since she came home form the hospital. im very in clue with her cues)

Naptimes/Nighttimes: Covered prefolds, or AIOs. Im switching all my AIOS to bottombumpers and just ducky diapers only. I also like AIOs for daddy and for babysitters. We also sometimes use pocket diapers at night, but im having a feelings the pockets are gonna be going to FSOT soon.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #12
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

I am soooo new at this. I bought some pfs, kl0s, fuzzibunz, and bg 2.0 os to try out at first. So far I like the pockets the absolute best! I don't like folding the pfs (even though it's not that hard) and I don't really like doing fitteds with a cover because it feels like two diapers to me. I'm currently spending hours on fsot hoping to buy more pockets!

I like that you can add extra layers to the pockets to increase absorbancy. I've heard lots of people say that AIOs take forever to dry (I haven't tried those yet myself)... but I can imagine because it seems to take the pocket inserts forever to dry. So, I like pockets and am hoping to buy more different kinds of pockets to try out.

I haven't tried the whole wool thing yet. I'm getting crunchier by the minute... but haven't made it that far yet, lol!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #13
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine is ease of use. We use BG AIO's and Fuzzibunz...my husband doesn't mind changing them and they are simple to wash and dry..
Old 06-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #14
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Its already nearing 100 degrees during the day here, plus its humid. So, while I love my pockets, I have been grabbing fitteds and prefolds because they are breathable pair with wool. My son's butt is always red if he's in a pocket outside, but if its a fitted/prefold and wool, its not.

The reason I am keeping my pockets is because I like how they fit so trimly under real clothes in the fall and winter. They are also grandma's favorite, and she is my babysitter when I'm at work.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #15
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We vary by season here. It's really hot in VA now, so it's mostly a good fitted and coverless during the day. At night fitted or a fleece pocket. PUL just isn't humidity friendly. In the winter I love a pocket fleece or PUL because they are dependable and we have a 2 year old so he's in clothes over his diapers. I think AIO's are nice, but our guy is a super flooder so they are not very reliable.

Good luck figuring out what works for you!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #16
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

We use mainly pockets... FB, BG, some WAHMs and SB's mainly cause they are easy to maintain, and easy for daddy and sitters to do... Not to mention I can wash them, and hang them to dry and be done faster then any others
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #17
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My favorites are prefolds. They are just fun, simple and absorbant! My second favorite is fitteds, because of their convenience.
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #18
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I use fitteds everyday because they are super absorbent and because I love wool. They are also really cute, and I love picking out what dipe to put on him next (it's almost as fun as picking out a matching bra & panties in the morning! LOL!) I prefer fitteds over prefolds most of the time because they are more "foolproof" IME, and I have less chance of a blowout with a fitted than with a PF.

I also have some pockets that I use if we're going to go out shopping or something. I can stuff the heck out of a pocket and since it has a stay-dry inner, he's okay if I don't get to change him right away (I'm very anal about changing him frequently at home.)

AIOs are easy, but IME they take too long to dry and I feel like they don't get quite clean enough.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #19
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiof5 View Post
The biggest thing to me is fit. Absorbency is important but if the fit is wrong and my LO isnt comfortable, I dont care how absorbent they are. Id rather change her every hour and have her comfortable than have her diaper just not fitting her right just so that it soaks up more. KWIM?
I agree! I love pfs and fitteds since they are natural materials, not man made (normally!) and they breathe more than PUL pockets. Wool is fabulous since it is cool in teh summer and warm int he winter and you have the choice of recycled wool (check our RighteousRecycles here!) or hand-made (more pricey but very pretty stuff!)

HTH!

Tara