Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

Re: ? for moms of girls, do you put them in bikini's?

We believe that little girls should dress like little girls. DH does not like our girls wearing bikinis, belly shirts, etc.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #12
KV Boo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When there babies fine but for my older 2 DD's(12 &10) no way. My girls are very developed for there age and i see how boys look at them when there wearing shorts or tanktops so i don't want to give them another reason to look anymore then what they already do.

Mommy to Tatiana 12 years old
Stacy 10 years old and Gabriella born August 3, 2006 My little baby girl!!
KV Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #13
MyCrazy8
Registered Users
Formerly: momto6
seller

My Mood:

Nope, they won't wear one until they are living on their own. I don't see the need to sexualize them so young.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #14
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:

My girls do dress like little girls. They are bathing suits, not thongs or g-strings. As far as them being sexualized that is all in the eye of the beholder. I can't control what someone else is thinking of my child. They could be in an oversized pair of jeans and shirt, and someone could think sexual thoughts. My job is to protect them while still let them be children. That is the style of suit that they like and I see no reason for them not to wear one.

Last edited by football_cheer_mom; 06-12-2007 at 11:12 AM.
football_cheer_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just for perspective, i was the most modest dresser in high school. not because my mom enforced it, just because thats ow i was comfortable. in a nnig baggy sweater and t shirt, while other girls ran around in short skirts, tank tops, belly shirts, etc. yet i was the one who ended up getting raper in middle school. so IMO how you dress does not change how sickos out there see you. and i dont think dressing modestly "helps" sickos are sickos no matter how you dress your child. just my two sense.

and in my opinion, a belly showing is better then butt cheeks handing out of a one piece. which maybe my fmaily has big butts, but that always happens to us in one peices. i like my two peices with a skirt over top, or a two peice with short bottoms. my daughter does own a one peice that I LOVE cuz of how cute it is, its pretty generous cover, but her butt still hangs out a lil so we only use that when we are home swimming.

also, when we go swimming, its usually just me and my family
Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #16
weddell
Registered Users
seller

My dd who is now 21 months wore one last summer and will wear one this summer. I wanted a two piece because she wears a cloth swim diaper and I bought one top and two bottoms so that if she needs a diaper change, I an just put a clean matching bottom on her. I got them at Target. They are kind of a tank top style don't really show much skin on a baby. When she no longer wears diapers I will probably buy one piece suits.
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #17
nadjarea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia101 View Post
We believe that little girls should dress like little girls. DH does not like our girls wearing bikinis, belly shirts, etc.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #18
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also am big on dressing my girls like girls. Meaning they both dress for their age, not like skany teens They wear skirts and dresses, and Celeste especially, nothing tight or revealing. she is in a wheelchair, so all the shorts ride up on her, so the only ones I will put on her are bike shorts that go to the knee.

Amira too, she does wear shorts and sometimes just a tshirt and cute diaper, but she is still a baby (IMO) so it doesnt count !LOL
Old 06-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #19
maggie_may
Happy Knits
seller

My Mood:

No bikinis here. It weirds me out.

I just went bathing suit shopping for DD and had to go to 5 stores till I found something that resembled what I wanted. All I wanted was a nice one piece with a little skirt on it and no stupid cartoon characters.

Last edited by maggie_may; 06-12-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: eta suit was for dd, not me!
maggie_may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #20
nadjarea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa70 View Post
I also am big on dressing my girls like girls. Meaning they both dress for their age, not like skany teens They wear skirts and dresses, and Celeste especially, nothing tight or revealing. she is in a wheelchair, so all the shorts ride up on her, so the only ones I will put on her are bike shorts that go to the knee.

Amira too, she does wear shorts and sometimes just a tshirt and cute diaper, but she is still a baby (IMO) so it doesnt count !LOL
Mama, I meant to add to my post above that I don't think in your circumstances that it would be unmodest to have your dd wear a bikini/tankini whatever...like you said much better than being topless. from all the posts I've read you must be an amazingly wonderful mama, especially when you think about things like this.... btw, I don't think I commented on the pics you had posted a few weeks ago but your dd is absolutely beautiful!

Have a great day.