Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #21
the4mayers
Registered Users

Re: ? for moms of girls, do you put them in bikini's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_may View Post
No bikinis here. It weirds me out.

I just went bathing suit shopping for DD and had to go to 5 stores till I found something that resembled what I wanted. All I wanted was a nice one piece with a little skirt on it and no stupid cartoon characters.

My ODD just turned 5 and is in the girls not toddler section of the store I could not find a one piece with a skirt with out cartoons on it, all she wanted was a skirt. So I bought her a disney princess one and I had been looking for over a month online and around town.

Advertisement

the4mayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #22
HBuehler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 4 year old loves her bikini's.I don't see the link between clothes and sexuality initself.A 3 pc suit can be extremely sexy or a plain t shirt..it comes from within not what you put on.
A rapist and child molester doesn't just go for the mini skirts and binkini's he finds the opportunity.
My daughter dresses very much like a little girl.But since she's 42" and 30 pounds nothing hangs out of anything she wears other than long legs and arms.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #23
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do NOT like two pieces or bikinis on little girls, especially babies. IMO, a bikini is a style meant for grown, mature women who want to show their bodies. I see nothing wrong with an adult lady wanting to show off a cute figure
But, the sensual clothing keeps getting passed down to girls younger and younger. I dont think a little girl should be wearing any of those things...mini skirts, belly shirts, heels, bikinis....its all just a little too rushed to me. They will grow up quickly enough, so why not keep their precious innocence somewhat intact when they are tiny? At least, thats how I feel personally.

DD has 3 swimsuits for summer. NONE of which are two piece, but all of which are totally adorable!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #24
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuehler View Post
My 4 year old loves her bikini's.I don't see the link between clothes and sexuality initself.A 3 pc suit can be extremely sexy or a plain t shirt..it comes from within not what you put on.
A rapist and child molester doesn't just go for the mini skirts and binkini's he finds the opportunity.
My daughter dresses very much like a little girl.But since she's 42" and 30 pounds nothing hangs out of anything she wears other than long legs and arms.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #25
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Heck no, for many of the reasons already mentioned.

I have three girls, 4, 2.5 and 16 months.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #26
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I think they look cuter in one pieces anyway. There is just something about a 'kini that fits into the same category, IMO, as make up and earrings on babies - it looks too grown up. My 4 yr old wears a 2 piece but it is a full length board shirt with short sleeves and a 'kini bottom - mostly I love this for sun coverage as well as modesty.

Now, if you are gonna let your kids wear 'kinis and spaghetti strap tanks, etc, I think you have to stop that before they are 3 and get used to it. There is nothing more irritating than going summer clothes shopping for my 2 and 4 yr olds and having nothing to choose from but booty shorts, low cut shirts, and hoochy outfits (at Target, no less! Its not like I'm at Hot Topic and expecting modesty) for them...blechy.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #27
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only reason I don't like bikinis is because you can get sunburnt on the belly if you don't have enough sunscreen on. I like the full protection from the sun But if my DDs wanted to wear one I don't see a problem with it.
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #28
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no.
to me it looks like they are wlking around in a bra and panties and that is not ok here.
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #29
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also wanted to add that I don't feel this way because I am worried about perves...I don't want my kids feeling 'sexy' at a young age. They need to personalize a sense of self worth that is NOT based on the way they dress. Bathing suits serve a purpose...they can be cute too, but my kids only need to see them as purposeful at this point in their life.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #30
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My ex-mil got DD#1 a bikini set last year. I just used the bottoms since they're plastic lined. She's only 2 so her not having shirt on isn't a huge deal to me right now. Once she's potty trained and doesn't need plastic pants in the pool then she'll be in a one piece just like me. I'm not comfortable with my body enough to wear a bikini, but for little girls I just think it's disgusting really. Once my girls are old enough to get a job, and make their own money then they can buy the bathing suit of their choice. But I can tell you that my money will NOT go to buying a bikini ever.

I'm a conservative mother with 8 piercings, 2 tattoos, and I drop the f-bomb more than most on a daily basis. Geez I'm so messed up.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote