Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:
mama's of teenage girls

Just wondering if you are facing many challenges......
I am so drained from the issues of her being harrassed in school, the name calling, the nastiness of other teenage girls! She is a sweet and caring kid and she is being put thru the ringer Not to mention that she is severely depressed due to the relationship issue with her bio-dad and we've been dealing with suicidal thoughts, many emotional issues, etc. We're seeking out a psychiatrist to start talking anti-depressants - I've been fighting it for a year, but she now says she is thinking about suicide every day So her psychologist is really wanting us to seek out at least something mild to try. She's only 13 now, I'm wondering if I'll survive the teen years? or if she will? We are both so worn out from it all........
Man I hope the boys are easier than this!

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mama's of teenage girls

im not a mom to ateenager, but i was just like your daughter. im living proof you two will get through this. esepcially since its so evident her mother loves her dearly (hugs) hang in there and continue to show her you care.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperDiva View Post
im not a mom to ateenager, but i was just like your daughter. im living proof you two will get through this. esepcially since its so evident her mother loves her dearly (hugs) hang in there and continue to show her you care.
Yeah what she said!!! Im living proof that there are survivors!! Anti depressants can really help!!

Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
KV Boo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is being teased. My daughters are 12 & 10 and both have been teased for different reasons( 12yo for wearing glasses, 10yo for not speaking spanish since she is Puerto Rican). This may not be an option for your dd but i told mine to stand up for themselfs and let these girls have a piece of there mind. They gave what they got and the teasing stopped automatically.

It can be especially hard for teenage girls when there's other things involved. I hope everything works out for the better.

Mommy to Tatiana 12 years old
Stacy 10 years old and Gabriella born August 3, 2006 My little baby girl!!
KV Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

I'm REALLY scared about the anti-depressants! I have been fighting it for about a year, but know that I have to give in to it at this point......its just so hard to watch her in pain. And so hard to give anything to the rest of the family after dealing with huge issues with her. I know I NEED to be back on meds, so trying to wean ds so that I can do that so that I will hopefully be able to manage all this a little better for the whole families sake, as well as my own well being. I just keep telling myself it will get better - and praying that it really does!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Melissa~BHS
B/S/T with caution~ Ignoring attempts to resolve FSOT issue.

My Mood:

My daughter is 12 and we have been very fortunate that we live in a small town and the kids here are REALLY really nice. She has a great support network and loves school.
I'm sorry your daughter is having a hard time right now. I think you're doing the right thing in making sure she has an outlet, providing therapy for her. Keep on top of it and keep the lines of communication open.
I hope things get better for her.

Melissa~BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemgirl View Post
I'm REALLY scared about the anti-depressants! I have been fighting it for about a year, but know that I have to give in to it at this point......its just so hard to watch her in pain. And so hard to give anything to the rest of the family after dealing with huge issues with her. I know I NEED to be back on meds, so trying to wean ds so that I can do that so that I will hopefully be able to manage all this a little better for the whole families sake, as well as my own well being. I just keep telling myself it will get better - and praying that it really does!
Some meds are bfing compatible! No need to put it off for weaning if you don't have to.

Middle school was hell for me, if I wasn't teased for one thing it was another. Do what you have to, to help her get through with her sanity intact.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
craftymomto5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: mama's of teenage girls

Hi. I have a teenage boy and girl. My daughter has been through similar things but she is really tough. She just lets it slide right off of her back. My son however is a different story. Is there a chance you can homeschool your daughter? I know it's not an option for alot of people I just thought I would throw it out there. My son went through his grade school years as the object of ridicule to most of his classmates. He used to be a very sweet and innocent boy. Many of my adult family members/friends would comment on his smile. I am using the past tense because he has done a 180% turn personality and self esteem wise. He is mean, conniving, and destructive. I kick myself alot for not pulling him out of that school sooner. It breaks my heart to see what he has become. He is going to be a freshman this year and I am homeschooling him. I am hoping to reverse the effects that school has had on him. He has never had any suicidal thoughts, but his anger towards my other kids concerns me. He is transferring the torment and ridicule he received onto his siblings. I know he will be okay but had I intervened earlier I could have preserved the child that was once loved by everyone.
I pray that you can help your daughter. I know they have some great anti depressants out there. Good luck momma.
craftymomto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #10
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are going through issues with my niece. It involves all of us right now because her ex-bf that is causing the current issues lives just up the street from us.
Anyway I hope you guys get the help she needs for her. It is rough! Kids can be sooo mean!