Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:
Re: mama's of teenage girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa~BHS View Post
My daughter is 12 and we have been very fortunate that we live in a small town and the kids here are REALLY really nice. She has a great support network and loves school.
I'm sorry your daughter is having a hard time right now. I think you're doing the right thing in making sure she has an outlet, providing therapy for her. Keep on top of it and keep the lines of communication open.
I hope things get better for her.
Thank you! She's been in therapy for the last couple years (since all hell broke loose with her bio dad). I try soooo hard to make sure she's talking to me, or to someone! I don't even so much care who it is as long as she's talking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecat1974 View Post
Some meds are bfing compatible! No need to put it off for weaning if you don't have to.

Middle school was hell for me, if I wasn't teased for one thing it was another. Do what you have to, to help her get through with her sanity intact.
Well, as for meds for me - I do have to! He's 21 months and I've bf him longer than the other two so I am really glad for that......but I know that I can't take chances on the meds and messing with him. I had a "scare" when they put me on meds and I had been on them for a month with the dr and pharmacist ok, and when I went to refill that pharmacist wouldn't with me b****** said it wasn't safe, so I had a total meltdown that I was harming my baby by taking the meds and quit them all then and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto5 View Post
Hi. I have a teenage boy and girl. My daughter has been through similar things but she is really tough. She just lets it slide right off of her back. My son however is a different story. Is there a chance you can homeschool your daughter? I know it's not an option for alot of people I just thought I would throw it out there. My son went through his grade school years as the object of ridicule to most of his classmates. He used to be a very sweet and innocent boy. Many of my adult family members/friends would comment on his smile. I am using the past tense because he has done a 180% turn personality and self esteem wise. He is mean, conniving, and destructive. I kick myself alot for not pulling him out of that school sooner. It breaks my heart to see what he has become. He is going to be a freshman this year and I am homeschooling him. I am hoping to reverse the effects that school has had on him. He has never had any suicidal thoughts, but his anger towards my other kids concerns me. He is transferring the torment and ridicule he received onto his siblings. I know he will be okay but had I intervened earlier I could have preserved the child that was once loved by everyone.
I pray that you can help your daughter. I know they have some great anti depressants out there. Good luck momma.
I am soooo sorry about your ds! I really can't homeschool her, and she wouldn't want me to either. she is REALLY social....and for the most part LOVES being in school, she's an honor student and she loves being active, but we have just had run ins with a couple of REALLY bad kids.....Though in some ways I think that it really has made her more sensitive to what others might be going thru. She said today that one of her friends is mad at her because she stuck up for a girl her friend was making fun of. I hope that the homeschooling will help with your ds. It is soooo hard to parent, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post

We are going through issues with my niece. It involves all of us right now because her ex-bf that is causing the current issues lives just up the street from us.
Anyway I hope you guys get the help she needs for her. It is rough! Kids can be sooo mean!
I'll tell you....I wish there was some way to protect them from all the "crap" that happens at this age. I know that they will learn from it, and hopefully be better for going thru the experience....but it sure is tough to go thru!

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #12
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well, as for meds for me - I do have to! He's 21 months and I've bf him longer than the other two so I am really glad for that......but I know that I can't take chances on the meds and messing with him. I had a "scare" when they put me on meds and I had been on them for a month with the dr and pharmacist ok, and when I went to refill that pharmacist wouldn't with me b****** said it wasn't safe, so I had a total meltdown that I was harming my baby by taking the meds and quit them all then and there.

Bad pharmacist! Want to smack him! He wasn't going on accurate information. The best resource is Medications and Mother's Milk by Dr. Hale. Much more accurate than the pdr with regards to medication and bfing. Shame on that pharmacist!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:49 AM   #13
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I thought in making sure I got the ok thru BOTH the Dr. and the pharmacist that I was in the clear.......but obviously not
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecat1974 View Post
Bad pharmacist! Want to smack him! He wasn't going on accurate information. The best resource is Medications and Mother's Milk by Dr. Hale. Much more accurate than the pdr with regards to medication and bfing. Shame on that pharmacist!