Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
ModernMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I need a new system

We have primarily been using Little Beetle hemp fitteds, some bottombumper AIO's and BG 2.0 AIO's. Everything (except the BG's) are taking at least 3 dryer cycles on high to dry. I had the repair guy come and he says nothing is wrong with the dryer (it's only 3 years old!) so I'm thinking I'd like to try something else. I was thinking of pockets with MF inserts because I know those inserts are absorbant and dry fast. When I first started cd'ing with DD we used FB pockets but they started leaking around the legs so that's when we changed to fitteds. DS isn't really a supersoaker so maybe pockets would work. OK...I'm rambling now! Any thoughts or suggestions????

Advertisement

ModernMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
mich1218
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need a new system

Maybe watch the FSOT pockets forum so you can try different things out without spending too much money. Pockets do dry quickly-get a few different brands to see what works best!
mich1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pockets might work for you, but there is a possiblity of buildup and stink issues.

Is there anyway you could line dry these outside or hang dry them inside for a couple of hours before you stick them in the dryer? An extra spin cycle can also help.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
katiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pockets would be good because they do dry super quick. But maybe just some more fitteds that are not hemp. Especially if you say you LO is not a super soaker, then you don't really need hemp, right? AIO's definitely take the longest to dry -- one reason why I don't have any at all. I usually hang my diapers for a little while, but when I don't it usually only takes 1 1/2 cycles on med heat. The fitteds we have that dry quicker are: cuddlebug cloth, nana's bottoms, cub covers, and holden's landing (depending on the fabric).
Hope you find something!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
mondoowolfe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How about just switching to AI2's? That way they are pretty much the same system but dry faster! Or the AIO's that are just sewn in on one side?
mondoowolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
DwellMama
Dwell Wool Knits
Formerly: mumtotwoboys
seller

My Mood:

I like to have multiple systems to work for my ever changing mood. One that is super easy and not too much money is to try those little g pants with the liners and put either flats folded up like a rectangle, or infant sized prefolds, or doublers (whatever you'd like that fits!) into it. The g-diapers starter kit comes with 2 covers and 4 liners for $25 plus shipping, then flats are cheap and prefolds aren't too bad. An easy to wash, won't build up stink-type system!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
ModernMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll definately look into the gdiapers and find out more about the different pockets. The bottombumpers I have are all AI2's but still seem damp out of the dryer. I think I'll be selling my stash and getting some pockets soon!
ModernMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I just went back to pockets and am loving it! We are using fb's, and they work great, like they did before. We're using mediums, just like we did a year ago when we started cding! Try a few different ones off fsot before making a major purchase of one brand.

I used to have a little (read lot) of everything. Since switching to all fuzzi bunz, my days are so much easier. It doesn't revolve around dipes anymore. It's a really good feeling! I kept a few fitteds/pf's and wool for when my mood changes, or for bad rashes.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote