Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
Surrounded by Geminis!
My Mood:
Starting over...

Well, I had a really cute stash the I loved and thought was the cutest thing ever but unfortunately dd is very allergic to poly so my whole stash pretty much went out the window. I basically kept a couple of dream-eze, a couple of nana's bottoms that were cotton, and I have a few bamboo flats being made. I sold/ am selling everything else in order to have the money to rebuy a sz small stash. I was planning on using PUL covers but the PUL rolls in and I'm sure would irritate her thighs. Fleece is poly so thats out too. Is wool my only option? If so which is the easiest to care for? If I like the bamboo flats I would probably make that the bulk of my stash. Also, where can I buy a snappi with low or no shipping? TIA.

Yvette, Mom to Mathias 6-04 and Ava Charlotte 6/07 and 8/09 for J & E
evandmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Starting over...

Recycled wool is nice to try because it is not super expensive and it is pretty durable. Most of my recycled wool, I can just throw in the machine on cold if I really need to. You may just love it once you try it.

If you are concerned about DC being sensitive to the dyes in the wool (some people are) - then you might try some natural interlock or jersy. Watch out for any cover with binding as that is usually nylon or poly. The binding is the part that tends to rub the skin. Serging tends to turn away from the skin.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
My Mood:
Re: Starting over...

Hi mama - I am ss you need to change your stash But this is a great time to try pfs and fitteds with wool! Bamboo velour will be great for any rash prone or allergic skin and pfs of course are great! I have a snappi I can send you! LMK!

Happy New Year!
Ashwin'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote