Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry HELP! WORMS!!!!!!

I think my 3yr old brought "pin worms" home from pre-k.....

I haven't seen any moving ones or anything, but when I dump his dipes out when he gets home (they change cloth BUT don't dump them out) the last few days I have noticed what looks like mini-"rice" stuff in his dipes...each day there more and more so I called the doc today, and now the doc is calling in meds for all of us to take, just in case it is pin worms.... all of us that is BUT our baby!!!!

HELP! doc says they CANT treat pin worms until AT LEAST age 2...if he has it from his brother, what does that mean? he just stays "infested" until age 2?!?!?!

Does ANYONE know of ANY type or organic things I could try with him????? He is almost 17mths....and I would rather NOT wait another 8mths to treat him id he does have them too...

TIA!

Advertisement

christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
SorenEdenTuckers
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: HELP! WORMS!!!!!!

I recall my brother's little one had a run-in with pin worms from day care prior to one year of age and their pedi told them to get something sold OTC at the pharmacy.
I don't know what it was, but maybe you can call the pharmacist and ask?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you really want to know if it's actually worms do this...

Put a piece of scotch tape on ds's anus before he goes to bed...if he'll let you. Pin worms tend to only come out at night to lay eggs around the anus and they'll get caught on the tape! There is OTC stuff you can buy for pin worms.
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

Yup I remember seeing something at the Pharmacy that was OTC that babies might be able to take... ??? Call Pharmacist... I would not let my baby go with worms for a long time like you basically were told to do with DC...
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks- hey- mabye the OTC will be cheaper than the prescriptions...

i will go ck it out, thanks!
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so I didn't know they looked like that. My son has what looks likes rice in his diaper only occasionally. Like once every couple months. Is this what it is?

Mandi
Old 06-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #7
mamabear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lots of raw garlic, which will make him very thirsty, so be sure to have plenty of water available. Raw garlic is peppery, so it's best to mix it in something else. I found a great recipe for a raw garlic dip in the Moosewood cookbook: http://www.recipesource.com/munchies...2/rec0232.html. I double the garlic because we're big fans and it does wonders for the body! Serve it with his favorite veggies or crackers.
mamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #8
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hm...The Kid has what looks like dry grains of rice in his dipes sometimes but I was sure that it was actually dry rice (we've had issues with him getting into the dry rice bin and eating the rice)...now you have me wondering...
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #9
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been looking online and it says you can't see the eggs and the worms look like really thin white threads. I'm doubting my son having this now because it really looks like rice...not thread.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #10
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another way to tell is if you can/will chance it let your little one go to bed with NO diaper, anything covering his bottom, and than take a flashlight into the dark room and turn it on right away when your near his bottom, if its worms than you should see them go back in right away.