Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #11
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I need a sposie recomendation

We're doing sposies at night because we don't have enough teeny tiny dipes and we like Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers. It's a good thing we don't use sposies all the time and are planning to use cloth full time once she grows, because they're the expensive ones!

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #12
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

We used Luvs in the very beginning and they did well on my son's sensitive skin. Then we tried Pampers and it was fine. Then I opened up a pack of Huggies and they broke him out terribly. After that, all sposies broke him out. I tried 7th Generation several months down the road and it was fine, then I've tried Pampers again (it was fine) and White Cloud (also fine.)
Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #13
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

I use 7th Generation sposies at night ... and sometimes during the day when I'm feeling lazy
Old 06-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer
We used Luvs in the very beginning and they did well on my son's sensitive skin. Then we tried Pampers and it was fine. Then I opened up a pack of Huggies and they broke him out terribly. After that, all sposies broke him out. I tried 7th Generation several months down the road and it was fine, then I've tried Pampers again (it was fine) and White Cloud (also fine.)
that makes me wonder if its possible the same sposies wont bother her now, its been 10 mts since we have tried any (she is 10.5 mts old now, we pretty much used the ones we got at the shower and went full cloth after we rememberd why we hated them so much) I think I want to do pf's but I only have 1 large cover argh! seems every solution is more $$ that we simply just have none of right now
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:36 PM   #15
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalilac
that makes me wonder if its possible the same sposies wont bother her now, its been 10 mts since we have tried any (she is 10.5 mts old now, we pretty much used the ones we got at the shower and went full cloth after we rememberd why we hated them so much) I think I want to do pf's but I only have 1 large cover argh! seems every solution is more $$ that we simply just have none of right now
How much does she wiegh? I could go look and see if I have any GN covers...

Also, seriously, go ck out miraclediapers.com, thats where 95% of our diapers are from!
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

You said infant PFs stopped working a long time ago. You can either 1. buy some premium size or 2. Lay in the PF into a cover so you don't have to worry about the fit since you don't snappi it.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #17
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

she hasnt been weighed in a while but my guess is 28-30 pounds. I had an after thought too, I can reduce the stuffing in her med fb's maybe change more often but I should be able to close them. I dont want to go to MD, I really want to be on the donation side of there efforts i just hope my new dipes get here fast then i can start cycling out my fbs its just the transiton we need to over come.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #18
lararum
Banned

You can use your fbs that you have as covers instead of pockets. trifold the pf in there. It might extend your usage a bit. I have two aios-one pul, one mm fleece, and one pul pocket I made that doesn't fit my dd. She wears mostly mediums, but is skinny. The dipes I made have kind of a high cut on the legs, and the waist is big. I'll go measure. They are aplix fasteners. Let me know if you can use them.
pul aio rise 16,front 10, back 18
mm aio rise 16, front 12, back 20
pul pocket rise16, front 10, back 18

Last edited by lararum; 06-22-2006 at 01:19 PM.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #19
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

If there are any diaper services in you area, try asking if they sell seconds. This is what I did when we found out dd was alergic to sposies, and I got two dozen infants for $25, and cannot figure out what is wrong with them. One dozen maybe cheaper than a pack of sposies. You could always make due with some cheap gerber pull on covers. They are not nice, but work and are only $3 for 6 pairs at walmart.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #20
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

as far as sposies go try mother nature diapers....you can get small packs of them at www.drugstore.com

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote