Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

What to use for REALLY bad diaper rash.

DD1 has major diaper rash. Like the skin is raw and its kinda open. I think its b/c she had some diahrea yesterday. The one time I didn't know she went so I think it might have been there before I changed her. When I got her up this morning her skin was really raw. I dont know what to do. I let her run around in a pf w/ no cover all day and changed her right away when it was wet. Is there anything I can put on it?

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
mondoowolfe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to use for REALLY bad diaper rash.

COAT her bum with aquaphor. . . works overnight for us usually!
mondoowolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Boudreax's Butt Paste...if you can get past the name, the stuff is AMAZING. James had a rash a couple of weeks ago that was like a burn! I usually use Vitamin A&D ointment and it clears up anything right away but I had been using the A&D and letting him go in a PF with no cover for a couple of days and it was still pretty bad. My SIL saw it and gave me her tube of Butt Paste so I tried it and after two applications (afternoon and bedtime) he was substantially better in the morning. The active ingredient is Zinc Oxide just like many other creams but there's something else too because it really did the trick. One of mom's daycare kids had really bad rashes and his pediatrician recommended this stuff as the last resort before a prescription cream. Hope it gets better fast!

Oh, BTW, I can usually find the Boudreaux's Butt Paste at Walmart, grocery store, or drug store.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd give her a bath to get her nice and clean and let her air out for awhile. Then put cream on her.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
Lulu
Registered Users

My son's doctor told me that the best thing for diaper rash is lots of air and zinc oxide. He also said that if the rash is so bad that there are open wounds you can apply raw egg whites (really weird, I know) and that helps to close and heal them. Good luck!
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #6
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000 View Post
Boudreax's Butt Paste...if you can get past the name, the stuff is AMAZING. James had a rash a couple of weeks ago that was like a burn! I usually use Vitamin A&D ointment and it clears up anything right away but I had been using the A&D and letting him go in a PF with no cover for a couple of days and it was still pretty bad. My SIL saw it and gave me her tube of Butt Paste so I tried it and after two applications (afternoon and bedtime) he was substantially better in the morning. The active ingredient is Zinc Oxide just like many other creams but there's something else too because it really did the trick. One of mom's daycare kids had really bad rashes and his pediatrician recommended this stuff as the last resort before a prescription cream. Hope it gets better fast!

Oh, BTW, I can usually find the Boudreaux's Butt Paste at Walmart, grocery store, or drug store.
See I am afraid that anything like that will burn her since its open. I have aquaphor so I'll give that a try.

Can I use pf's with cream and no liner?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
ST13031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Boudreaux's Butt Paste works well for us too, the active ingrediant that makes the difference is the boric acid. I would be hesitant too though, depending on how "raw" the rash is. Air is good, that should dry it out. Has she taken antibiotics lately? DS took some antibiotics then got a HORRIBLE diaper rash/diaherra from it, and had to use some prescription diaper cream for it, that contained boric acid. It was the only thing that cleared it up. The Boudreaux's is similar to the presciption stuff.

For my DS I 1st - let it air dry for a day or so. 2nd- started giving him probiotics, to get the "bad bacteria" out of his stool, that was causing the rash. 3rd. applied the diaper cream.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Earth Mama Angel Baby
100% natural and its WONDERFUL
I used it as a salve when I had a cut and it healed overnight
amazing stuff and a tiny bit goes a LONGGG way
xtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #9
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST13031 View Post
Boudreaux's Butt Paste works well for us too, the active ingrediant that makes the difference is the boric acid. I would be hesitant too though, depending on how "raw" the rash is. Air is good, that should dry it out. Has she taken antibiotics lately? DS took some antibiotics then got a HORRIBLE diaper rash/diaherra from it, and had to use some prescription diaper cream for it, that contained boric acid. It was the only thing that cleared it up. The Boudreaux's is similar to the presciption stuff.

For my DS I 1st - let it air dry for a day or so. 2nd- started giving him probiotics, to get the "bad bacteria" out of his stool, that was causing the rash. 3rd. applied the diaper cream.
Its pretty open in one spot. I'm pretty sure its b/c she has been eating a TON of fruit. Esp pineapple. I need to cut back but I feel bad b/c its something healthy that she likes. She kept going to the fridge today and say ing p-appy. (toddler for pineapple )