Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
4xMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cosco Scenera?

Any experiences with this seat?? I need to get a larger seat for Aedhan, and my beloved Britax is WAY out of my price range right now, sooo....

I saw this at the store, it's on sale next week, just wondering what your thoughts were. Thanks!

Advertisement

read Thrifty Thoughts and Common Cents!
4xMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
foxflame88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cosco Scenera?

I have them for my boys and like them a lot. Easy to use, easy to adjust, easy to clean.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We recently bought one and IMO its a great seat for the price (usually $40 or less). Its one of the few that rearfaces to 35 lbs which is great since rearfacing is WAY safer. And the top harness straps are fairly high.. the 5 yr old Im getting gaurdianship of can still fit in this seat (forward facing).. she's 37 lbs and fairly tall, yet the top harness straps are still about 1/2" above her shoulders.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaStarr View Post
We recently bought one and IMO its a great seat for the price (usually $40 or less). Its one of the few that rearfaces to 35 lbs which is great since rearfacing is WAY safer. And the top harness straps are fairly high.. the 5 yr old Im getting gaurdianship of can still fit in this seat (forward facing).. she's 37 lbs and fairly tall, yet the top harness straps are still about 1/2" above her shoulders.

It really is a good seat and you can't beat the price. You might also want to look at the Safety 1st Uptown. It's $50 - $60 more depending where you buy it from and if it's on sale, but has EPS (or EPP) foam, like your beloved Boulevard does! But, then again, you can get the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe right now from Albee baby for $129, which is made by Britax for Fisher Price, based on the Marathon, so if the Uptown is in your price range, you might want to check that one out, too.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

We have one. It wasn't the easiest to install but once we did its fine. Great seat for the price. We'll prob get another when Nora needs a bigger seat.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

We have one as a backup carseat. I actually have an easier time getting DD in and out of it than I do our Britax Marathon.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
Papooses
Registered Users

My Mood:

Any carseat can be tricky to get a good install & the same goes for vehicles, but in general the Scenera is relatively quite easy in comparison to some others out there However, if at all possible I would try for the Safety 1st Uptown since it has energy absorbing foam + more comfort padding, but is otherwise quite similar (actually has slightly lower bottom slots with slightly taller top slots)
Old 06-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
foxflame88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papooses View Post
Any carseat can be tricky to get a good install & the same goes for vehicles, but in general the Scenera is relatively quite easy in comparison to some others out there However, if at all possible I would try for the Safety 1st Uptown since it has energy absorbing foam + more comfort padding, but is otherwise quite similar (actually has slightly lower bottom slots with slightly taller top slots)

Thanks for the reccomendation... we are happy with our Scenara seats, but are in the market to pick up a seat for dh's new truck.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the Scenara as a back up seat and it will be DD2's seat when she is out of the infant carrier. I loved it for my DD. The only reason I took her out of it was because I scored the Britax Marathon super duper cheap. Otherwise she'd still be in it
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote