Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh for Goodness Sakes!!

OK so my ex, moved in with his girlfriend and has been clearing his house out to sell... so he sold it and closed on it today... he had the kids (my older 3/his) helping him move stuff out, haul stuff away etc ( my oldest drives so he helped a lot) our youngest is going to be 11 in Sept and does NOT like to work or do anything so he didnt do much until the very end when he got wind that money would be involved... ok so Tuesday night he came back from vacation with his girlfriend and called the kids and said he was getting cleaning supplies together and coming to pick them up to go clean the house. SO you are wondering what my problem is right?
Well he paid all 3 kids equally.. even though the work was not done equally kwim? so he has just further showed our almost 11 year old that it is ok not to do your share and you will get paid the same anyways

the ridiculous part about all of this???? he gave each of the kids $200... that is $600!!! WTH!!!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh for Goodness Sakes!!

Wow! When we moved when I was a kid we never got paid (nor did I expect to get any $) I guess that is nice of your ex to pay them for helping out. But you're right, he def. should have paid on a sliding scale, keeping with the effort of the kid. Maybe he was trying to be fair, but IMVHO it doens't teach responsibilty. Sadly we must all grow up and realize life isn't fair, and no one is gonna pay us for doing nothing. Have you talked to ex about it?
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, I dont talk to him unless I have to... his GF has him so wrapped it is ridiculous! We do talk civily and get along but we just dont talk unless we have to.
I think he was trying to be fair but in reality it wasnt fair because the other 2 know they did more work!

And had I known he would have been dropping the dollars like that I would have been over there moving the stuff out!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
And had I known he would have been dropping the dollars like that I would have been over there moving the stuff out!!!
Think of all the dipes that would have bought!!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

When I was a kid chores were chores no $ about it. Dad said clean, I had to clean. I wanted $ he said then get a job!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got an allowance ( $5 a week) but the work I did was WORK! Not only did he pay them each the money but he then took our daughter clothes shopping and left the boys here! So right now my daughter has money and is also getting clothes!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
CDCMama
Banned

I would not be happy with that and I would be having words... I would prolly also confiscate most of the money and at least put it in a savings acct, from ALL the kids, on a sliding scale the older get to keep more, but no 11 yo needs 200 to blow
CDCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
Watercolor Ponies
seller

My Mood:

See, that was my initial thought, but my dad used to give my brother and I a ton of $ for Christmas and BD gifts after he and my mom split up. He was trying to show off and make my mom feel bad that she couldn't give us as much. If she were to take the $ then she would have looked like the bad guy and Dad ends up looking like the hero. It is a hard sitch! And I understand it from the kids POV, not the spouses bcs (Praise the Lord) I have never been the parent in that sitch.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, see the thing is my oldest was working the hardest because he needs a new engine for his car. My FIL found one for $425 so he was working hard to get the money to buy it. My daughter is going to loan him $100 of hers... I dont think the 11yo will loan any of his... that is just how he is he is already saying how he has enough to buy a PS2

I dont want to be the bad guy, and I dont want my ex to think *I* am taking the money kwim? so I think I will give my 11 yo a good talking about how he is very lucky his dad wants to be fair but in no way did he earn the same amount of money his brother and sister did...... I am not sure if it will even sink into his head.....