Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #11
HBuehler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: info on circ for 1st time mamas of boys

How many circ's have you PERSONALLY watched? I'm not talking about video's someone has taken for thier own use.
I was at both of our sons even after reading all of those articles.I took our son to the Dr.s to get it done-homebirth babes I have seen it done by 2 different Dr.s and both times it was less stressful than the PKU bloodwork that is mandatory by law here.
Don't get me wrong I'm fine with those that choose not to as it is a personal choice but this topic is so worn out on the boards..and it seems always by moms that have never been there watching one done.
My kiddos were all bf #1 son for 2.5 years DD 18 months and #2 son 12 months because he bit-hard enough to almost need stitches.Both of my sons are mommas boys big time and they are now 16 and 2.

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #12
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

http://www.canadiancrc.com/circumcis...rcumcision.htm
http://www.nocirc.org/
http://www.nbc10.com/health/1808693/detail.html
http://www.myspace.com/rubyslittlenethome
http://www.stopinfantcircumcision.org/
http://www.stopcirc.com/vincent/vuln...ty_of_men.html
There is a few more to add to your list. And no i dont need to watch a baby be mutilated to know that is is wrong. Your baby didnt cry because he was in shock. Imagine being strapped to a board given only a sip of koolaid while someone chops of your labia. Then afterwards be given no pain relief and have to urinate and deficate all over the raw open wound that was once your genitals. When you know better you do better. Good job mamma for stepping up and educating yourself about the abuse that is done to our children.

Last edited by snangel; 06-14-2007 at 11:32 AM.
snangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is a sticky at the top of this forum with tons of links too

I wish there was a sticky with Pro-Circ' links so parents could read both sides...

It's sorta like the age old to *vax or not to vax* debate... TONS of info in support of BOTH sides.

OP: I bet it is your childs ages!!! I am sure no child despises their mother for choosing to circ' them when they were an infant just as no intact kiddo would despise them for leaving them intact

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuehler View Post
How many circ's have you PERSONALLY watched? I'm not talking about video's someone has taken for thier own use.
I was at both of our sons even after reading all of those articles.I took our son to the Dr.s to get it done-homebirth babes I have seen it done by 2 different Dr.s and both times it was less stressful than the PKU bloodwork that is mandatory by law here.
Don't get me wrong I'm fine with those that choose not to as it is a personal choice but this topic is so worn out on the boards..and it seems always by moms that have never been there watching one done.
My kiddos were all bf #1 son for 2.5 years DD 18 months and #2 son 12 months because he bit-hard enough to almost need stitches.Both of my sons are mommas boys big time and they are now 16 and 2.

There is a sticky for this topic.....no need to start a new thread.
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:54 AM   #15
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:

Circ or not? I circ'd ds1, listed to his y chromosome donor. ds2 no circ because i watched ds1 cry in pain for a day or 2 after the procedure and had to put gauze/vaseline etc on it. It really broke my geart. What really alarmed me was the neonatologist told us ds2 would need antibiotics because of the hole between the 2 pumping chambers of his heart...
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #16
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll say it again, most anti-circers are not only anti-circ because of the pain. It's about what it takes away from that boy/man forever that he absolutely cannot get back.

That said, have a doctor numb your finger and rip off your fingernail. Once the meds wear off, yeah, it's going to hurt. Now imagine that pain on your genitals, where it's constantly rubbing against a diaper. It DOES hurt. No matter how much or how little, you're causing your child pain for a purely cosmetic reason (barring religious circ, which I do not agree with either, but won't bring into this arguement).
Old 06-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #17
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, the pain is much more akin to having a finger nail ripped off than having your 'labia chopped off'. Both would hurt like hell.. honestly, I think having a fingernail ripped off and then the exposed tip underneath constantly rubbed against something would be worse. At least in the other case, it would scab over or require being stitched up.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #18
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I'm fine with those that choose not to as it is a personal choice but this topic is so worn out on the boards.
Actually, I think you have it backwards. Not circing isn't a "personal choice". Is not chopping off my son's arm a personal choice? No, choosing to have cosmetic surgery on your newborn's genitals is a personal choice but not having it done is just nothing, not a choice at all. I just thought it was bizarre to say that not circ'ing is a personal choice. For something to be a choice, a person would have to consider options. There are many people who would never consider such a thing, thankfully.

Quote:
I wish there was a sticky with Pro-Circ' links so parents could read both sides...

It's sorta like the age old to *vax or not to vax* debate... TONS of info in support of BOTH sides.
Wow. You wish there were a sticky for "pro circ" links??? What does that even mean? Why do you want more people to circ, I don't get it.

This isn't a balanced issue. If so then I guess we should make a sticky for pro-female circ links as well then, huh?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

thanks for more links mama!
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #20
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with tons of links too

OP: I bet it is your childs ages!!! I am sure no child despises their mother for choosing to circ' them when they were an infant just as no intact kiddo would despise them for leaving them intact
Tell me some pros to circing...the AAP. WHO, CAP, and every human and childrens rights group out there have said again and again....there is none! Here are some more cons though incase you want to more then just the pain....

The chances of a boy *ever* needing to be circumcised for medical reasons is just 1%.

Conversely, circumcision guarentees a child:

* 100% risk of loosing "the most sensitive parts of the penis"
* 71% risk of penile adhesions
* 10% risk of meatal stenosis
* 1% risk of circumcision revision

...and that's to say nothing of immediate surgical risks like reaction to anesthetic/anesthesia, hemorrhage, infection, and death or later complications like painful erections from too much skin being removed or the progressive keratinization (drying, thickening) of the glans.