Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: info on circ for 1st time mamas of boys

I know three little boys with buried penises from circ. And my nephew had too much skin taken off and has extremely painful erections (or did, he's 8 now so I don't see his parts now of course).

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #22
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

I just read a news report released today about another newborn boy who died from a circ, so sad and unnecessary.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #23
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG! I'm going to be sick. I can't believe anyone would do that to their child. How wretched!
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #24
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

I had both of my son's Circ'd..the first one was a decision made by both DH and I..DH is done, and so we "did what everyone else did"...this time around I REALLY didn't want to...and still wish I had stuck up for my little guy more..poor thing, he hasn't been the same since....

If I ever have another boy I will definately tell DH NO! Thankfully the Dr Did leave a good bit of foreskin there, so there is some left!
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #25
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

We have a dd and i'm preggo not sure what we're having yet. It is great to hear all of the posts about why you shouldn't so that you hear ACTUAL RISKS and information. I recently was talking to some peers who are all bachelors and one girl. We were just talking about the hot parental debates. I named - Carseats, Discipline, Breastfeeding in public, and of course circumsicion.

They were shocked that circumsicion was a debate. None of them could think why. I loved the debate it was really a debate b/c they were honestly curious and were interested. I just asked them "why would you circumsize" and the girl that was here (i hate her actually LOL but she was there with a friend of my dh) said that "isn't it cleaner to circ" I was like "is your vagina dirtier b/c you still have your labia?" then explained our bodies are made to use the good bacteria to keep the bad bacteria out. I was kind of mean about it to her but I thought it was funny.

Then of course someone said it's ugly if it's not circumsized. I then explained a penis is a penis and circ'd or not they are equally as ugly LOL

Then my dh stepped in with information b/c he's the one that said we weren't doing it b/4 i even tried to debate with him! So he started explaining their are nerves there that you are cutting off that shouldn't be cut off. So on and so forth. I was VERY impressed that my dh was showing such an interest.

I personally am all for educating those who don't know there is a choice and those who want to hear the information. However I don't think I can argue another mama's choice if they don't argue with me over mine. But unfortunately we are women and we do debate lol
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #26
pfratz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post
Actually, I think you have it backwards. Not circing isn't a "personal choice". Is not chopping off my son's arm a personal choice? No, choosing to have cosmetic surgery on your newborn's genitals is a personal choice but not having it done is just nothing, not a choice at all. I just thought it was bizarre to say that not circ'ing is a personal choice. For something to be a choice, a person would have to consider options. There are many people who would never consider such a thing, thankfully.

Wow. You wish there were a sticky for "pro circ" links??? What does that even mean? Why do you want more people to circ, I don't get it.

This isn't a balanced issue. If so then I guess we should make a sticky for pro-female circ links as well then, huh?

Old 06-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #27
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

http://healthblog.ctv.ca/blog/_archi...2/2967860.html
there is the link about the baby that died...
Old 06-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's just so sad. Think about those poor parents.

All for some stupid cosmetic surgery.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #29
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

that's so so sad....a death over an elective procedure
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #30
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What would the procirc links be? Not a single medical group recomends routine infant circumcision. So your options for procirc sites are either Religously based (and therefore only apply to members of those particular religions) or circum******ists sites. Not exactly where I look for my medical information personally. I would rather stick with real medical facts and historical and statistical documentation. The US has the highest circumcision rate other than Israel (where they circumcise for religious reasons). We also have the highest transmission rates of AIDS and STD's outside of Africa. 82% of the worlds male population is intact and have no problems. Male mamals are born with forskins for a reason. And it isn't to make more money for Dr's. Come on, this is just common sense. And the best reason of all to leave a baby boy intact.... IT ISN'T YOUR PENIS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by iris0110; 06-14-2007 at 11:25 PM.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote