Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #31
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: info on circ for 1st time mamas of boys

So so sad. There is no information out there that states that circing in necessary.
And I am sick of the DH argument too, my husband had no say wheter DS was circed. He was left intact because it is HIS decision to make when he is older. It is his body, not mine.

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #32
sophiekat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuehler View Post
How many circ's have you PERSONALLY watched? I'm not talking about video's someone has taken for thier own use.
at least 5. it only took one to wonder why on earth someone would amputate perfectly healthy and normal body parts from an infant for no medical reason. after watching the baby nearly bleed to death in the third one i realised i had to speak out about it because some people still think its somehow THEIR choice rather than THE BOY'S choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with tons of links too

I wish there was a sticky with Pro-Circ' links so parents could read both sides...
um . . . . most, if not all of the pro-circ information out there is 1. outdated 2. has been refuted time and again by valid medical information and 3. is perpetuated by circumcision ******ists (yes, people who are sexually aroused by thinking about baby boys being circ'ed ). so what exactly are you wanting to put up there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
What would the procirc links be? Not a single medical group recomends routine infant circumcision. So your options for procirc sites are either Religously based (and therefore only apply to members of those particular religions) or circum******ists sites. Not exactly where I look for my medical information personally. I would rather stick with real medical facts and historical and statistical documentation. The US has the highest circumcision rate other than Israel (where they circumcise for religious reasons). We also have the highest transmission rates of AIDS and STD's outside of Africa. 82% of the worlds male population is intact and have no problems. Male mamals are born with forskins for a reason. And it isn't to make more money for Dr's. Come on, this is just common sense. And the best reason of all to leave a baby boy intact.... IT ISN'T YOUR PENIS!!!!!!!!!
yes, what she said.
sophiekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #33
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post

Wow. You wish there were a sticky for "pro circ" links??? What does that even mean? Why do you want more people to circ, I don't get it.

This isn't a balanced issue. If so then I guess we should make a sticky for pro-female circ links as well then, huh?
It means that if you google benefits of circumcision there are articles both in support and against. By presenting only links that show horrid videos and pictures that are the results of someone who had no idea how a circ' should be done gives a very one-sided view presentation that boils my blood due to how these babies were treated.When the only links are all against circ' and present the cases gone wrong and horrid videos/pictures I just want to shake my monitor and say that even in backwords Alabama that is not how a circ' is done and it is no wonder that when only one side is presented mommas think "O,goodness..how simply horrid".. Hopefully all mommas look at both sides and don't base their choices on what I or any other mother here says.

I worked in the health industry for several years and saw/heard both sides so I am ALL FOR parents making what choice they feel is in the best interest of their son and his penis rather they want to leave him intact or not..

To compare a male to female circ' exceeds the levels of stupidity I have seen in awhile when a debate is going on (since you seem to be able to pass out harsh comments without thought to the mothers on not only this thread but others I feel just fine in responding that way and I usually don't stoop to insulting someone else's responses )

I never once have seen or talked to a woman that was worried her cloritis or labia was about to rot away. I have dealt with VERY worried men and rather it was lack of keeping themselves clean or other issues the men with penile issues were 99% of the time intact.Actually the only man I remember that wasn't intact had an infected tick bite Also,men with penis issues are usually very embaressed to try to get the help they need.

My husband and I made what we feel is the right choice for our son (whose experience was NOT EVEN REMOTELY close to what is shown and talked about in the anti-circ' links)

It doesn't bother me that you don't circ'..what does slightly is that you can't seem to realize that by adding jabs and insults to various post' by mothers you don't agree with you are actually hurting mommas feelings.. Makes me wish there really WAS a thread police

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #34
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
I'll say it again, most anti-circers are not only anti-circ because of the pain. It's about what it takes away from that boy/man forever that he absolutely cannot get back.

That said, have a doctor numb your finger and rip off your fingernail. Once the meds wear off, yeah, it's going to hurt. Now imagine that pain on your genitals, where it's constantly rubbing against a diaper. It DOES hurt. No matter how much or how little, you're causing your child pain for a purely cosmetic reason (barring religious circ, which I do not agree with either, but won't bring into this arguement).
Just want to say momma that I admire you.. I have read many post by you and know your feelings on circumcision and you take a strong stand but you are able to be polite while making it very clear the stand you take. Because of seeing this in the past this I was able to pm you and learn more about where you are coming from and you did give me some great information.

You are a very nice momma

I am done here..know that these threads never end and all I wanted to point out was that I don't see why there isn't links to both sides of the debate since I just did a google search on *benefits of circumcision* and on my slow speed dial-up it returned 664,000+ pages of info on BOTH sides and the few I just checked were not outdated studies.. I actually liked that searching this way pulled up info in support of both sides

It might just be me but I think there are two sides to topic/debates and it isn't about who/what we feel is in the right/wrong but about presenting information in a way that allows people to make actually search things out to make informed desicions

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 06-15-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #35
jlanni
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Just want to say momma that I admire you.. I have read many post by you and know your feelings on circumcision and you take a strong stand but you are able to be polite while making it very clear the stand you take. Because of seeing this in the past this I was able to pm you and learn more about where you are coming from and you did give me some great information.

You are a very nice momma

I am done here..know that these threads never end and all I wanted to point out was that I don't see why there isn't links to both sides of the debate since I just did a google search on *benefits of circumcision* and on my slow speed dial-up it returned 664,000+ pages of info on BOTH sides and the few I just checked were not outdated studies.. I actually liked that searching this way pulled up info in support of both sides

It might just be me but I think there are two sides to every topic/debate and it isn't about who/what we feel is in the right/wrong but about presenting information in a way that allows people to make actually search things out to male informed desicions
Okay mama, I understand your opinion... I didn't realize there were links already for circumcision. I'm still kinda new around here. I didn't start this thread to cause a big argument. Just to voice my opinions I don't think it is fair for a mother and father to circ their son with out their sons approval. That's my point!

My daughter is 3 and hasn't had her ears pierced because it's her choice to put holes in her ears, not mine. Would you go out and pierce your ds or dd's eyebrow or give them a tatt because you thougt it would benefit them and they wouldn't care???? I hope not! I have respect for my children and they are aloud to make their own choices in life [as long as they are safe].

Last night my son wanted a cookie and a glass of milk for dinner, so I decided him being 4 he was old enough to make this decision on his own. I reminded him it was a long time till breakfast in the am. He was sure he wanted it.... needless to say this am he decided he wasn't have cookies and milk for dinner anymore.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #36
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry but there is only one side to this issue. there are NO MEDICAL sites that having anything PRO circ. Thats because there are NO medical reasons for a INFANT to be circed. There are only 2 medical reasons for circ 1) necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating disease) 2) penile cancer. Thats all. 99% of men will live with a perfect intact penis. And to say the disease argument it has been refuted again and again. Also I'd rather teach my children about condoms and abstenance. America has the 2nd highest (africa is 1st) rate of AIDS transmision. It also has the 2nd highest rate of MGM.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #37
~happy2Bamommy~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanni View Post
Okay mama, I understand your opinion... I didn't realize there were links already for circumcision. I'm still kinda new around here. I didn't start this thread to cause a big argument. Just to voice my opinions I don't think it is fair for a mother and father to circ their son with out their sons approval. That's my point!

My daughter is 3 and hasn't had her ears pierced because it's her choice to put holes in her ears, not mine. Would you go out and pierce your ds or dd's eyebrow or give them a tatt because you thougt it would benefit them and they wouldn't care???? I hope not! I have respect for my children and they are aloud to make their own choices in life [as long as they are safe].

Last night my son wanted a cookie and a glass of milk for dinner, so I decided him being 4 he was old enough to make this decision on his own. I reminded him it was a long time till breakfast in the am. He was sure he wanted it.... needless to say this am he decided he wasn't have cookies and milk for dinner anymore.
gotcha I started a thread too when I was pretty new on what I found out was a very hot topic and the batgirls came a flyin' in fast and furious

you sure got me quoted fast! I was editing that last one as you were quoting it have a great day ladies!

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 06-15-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #38
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
It means that if you google benefits of circumcision there are articles both in support and against. By presenting only links that show horrid videos and pictures that are the results of someone who had no idea how a circ' should be done gives a very one-sided view presentation that boils my blood due to how these babies were treated.When the only links are all against circ' and present the cases gone wrong and horrid videos/pictures I just want to shake my monitor and say that even in backwords Alabama that is not how a circ' is done and it is no wonder that when only one side is presented mommas think "O,goodness..how simply horrid".. Hopefully all mommas look at both sides and don't base their choices on what I or any other mother here says.

I worked in the health industry for several years and saw/heard both sides so I am ALL FOR parents making what choice they feel is in the best interest of their son and his penis rather they want to leave him intact or not..

To compare a male to female circ' exceeds the levels of stupidity I have seen in awhile when a debate is going on (since you seem to be able to pass out harsh comments without thought to the mothers on not only this thread but others I feel just fine in responding that way and I usually don't stoop to insulting someone else's responses )

I never once have seen or talked to a woman that was worried her cloritis or labia was about to rot away. I have dealt with VERY worried men and rather it was lack of keeping themselves clean or other issues the men with penile issues were 99% of the time intact.Actually the only man I remember that wasn't intact had an infected tick bite Also,men with penis issues are usually very embaressed to try to get the help they need.

My husband and I made what we feel is the right choice for our son (whose experience was NOT EVEN REMOTELY close to what is shown and talked about in the anti-circ' links)

It doesn't bother me that you don't circ'..what does slightly is that you can't seem to realize that by adding jabs and insults to various post' by mothers you don't agree with you are actually hurting mommas feelings.. Makes me wish there really WAS a thread police
Mama, I don't even know what to say to this. What you wrote is full of emotionally charged anecdote and no real factual basis. Most of what you wrote is inaccurate and the insults mixed in aren't helping at all.

I understand that you don't like the way I write and you are most certainly entitled to that opinion. But, you will not be able to find even one time that I have ever insulted another poster. It has never happened. You somehow feel that I have and that makes it ok for you to do so to me. Unlike you, I do not feel that two wrongs make a right so I will not do the same to you.

I am very straight forward in the way that I write. I do not sugar coat and I do not post a lot of emotional or anecdotal information. I'm a stickler for the facts. That doesn't make me a mean person. I can have my own personal emotional feelings while still respecting the facts. I chose to circ both of my boys despite your comments to the contraray. I still hold true to the facts on this issue.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #39
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post
Mama, I don't even know what to say to this. What you wrote is full of emotionally charged anecdote and no real factual basis. Most of what you wrote is inaccurate and the insults mixed in aren't helping at all.

I understand that you don't like the way I write and you are most certainly entitled to that opinion. But, you will not be able to find even one time that I have ever insulted another poster. It has never happened. You somehow feel that I have and that makes it ok for you to do so to me. Unlike you, I do not feel that two wrongs make a right so I will not do the same to you.

I am very straight forward in the way that I write. I do not sugar coat and I do not post a lot of emotional or anecdotal information. I'm a stickler for the facts. That doesn't make me a mean person. I can have my own personal emotional feelings while still respecting the facts. I chose to circ both of my boys despite your comments to the contraray. I still hold true to the facts on this issue.
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote