Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
kadas33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MIni Pill

The mini pill caused me to have frequent migraines. After starting the minipill I was having at least 2 a week. I stopped taking the pill and I haven't had one since (3 weeks later). I also question whether or not it was the cause of a dip in my supply for which I took Reglan.

Advertisement

kadas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #12
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took it for 9 months after first dd and I'm in month 9 after second dd now. It hasn't affected my supply that I've noticed, or caused soreness. I think it has affected my moods, though. I remember feeling better after going off last time. I think it is different for everyone. I'd keep nursing and taking it for another week or so and see if the symptoms subside. If not, you can call your dr. and try something else. We used nfp before and between kiddos and there are no hormones needed.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im on week 3 of it i BF all day and night ..I do supplment when ds is still hungry and i need a break.. ( i nurse him 30 min firts )...

my question is im i thin 12 weeks pp will the mini pill give me a period???
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #14
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrc View Post
i'm glad i saw this. dh and i are discussing hormonal birth control and he said the minipill sounds good. i've been on ortho tir cyclen and ortho evera before (before ever becoming pregnant) and it was horrible.

what other methods are out there? don't have the money for an iud.
NFP is the safest. It's also slightly more accurate than using the pill and without all the nasty side effects. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good source, as is Sympto-Thermal Method and Creighton Billings Method.

Any hormonal BC is passed on through breast milk and for most, causes reduction in milk supply. Good luck with everything and I hope your breast pain goes away soon!