Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation A car seat like the FP stay in view?

when my almost 5 DS was a baby I bought him the Fisher Price Stay in View infant car seat... I LOVED that seat! Once I was done with it I sold it.. I kick myself for it now as it has been said the seat is good for 6 years which means I coul dhave used it for this little one due in Dec

They no longer make the car seat... I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar seat? I loved the narrowness of the seat and the carry strap! it was a sturdy yet soft fabric strap that went from top to bottom instead of side to side....

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
bean3
Registered Users
seller

Re: A car seat like the FP stay in view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab View Post
when my almost 5 DS was a baby I bought him the Fisher Price Stay in View infant car seat... I LOVED that seat! Once I was done with it I sold it.. I kick myself for it now as it has been said the seat is good for 6 years which means I coul dhave used it for this little one due in Dec

They no longer make the car seat... I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar seat? I loved the narrowness of the seat and the carry strap! it was a sturdy yet soft fabric strap that went from top to bottom instead of side to side....
The Radian carseats fold up, have a carrying strap, and a very narrow outside side-to-side profile, though the inside area for the kid remains the same size. I just switched my 6.5-year-old daughter (weighs 37 pounds) over to it, and she is loving it! DH is loving the profile of it because, in his truck, her carseat always used to invade his sitting space. Now both are comfortable.
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so the radian is also an infant carrier that you carry baby to and from the car in?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab View Post
so the radian is also an infant carrier that you carry baby to and from the car in?
No, the Radian stays in the car. It's like a convertible but accomodates a higher weight range forward facing. Sorry, I don't know the answer to your original question, just wanted to clarify this one. I used a Graco Snugride with DD and loved it but I'm not sure how it compares to the FP one you are referring to.
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i just looked up fisher price stay in view on ebay and i found one that someone is selling...good luck!
moobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
OwensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is nothing on the market like the FP stay in View. I didnt have kids back then but everyone tells me it was the best.infant.seat.EVER!!!

Thats too bad you sold it, and not to make you feel worse, but I am almost 100% certain the old FP seats were good for EIGHT years!

Since there is nothing to compare it to I really don't know what to tell you. The most recommended infant seats now by techs are, Graco Safeseat, Graco Snug Ride, Chicco Key Fit and Baby Trend Flex/Latch Lock. Again though, they are nothing like the wonderful SIV.

There is one on e-bay and though I'm sure its tempting there not way to know the condition of that seat and if its been in a crash/ if its expired. I wouldn't trust a stranger with my child's life.

Last edited by OwensMama; 06-14-2007 at 07:04 PM.
OwensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had one of those with DS#3 and we LOVED it. Now with all the new tests on the carseats Id be leary to get one again. We have a graco snugride and we're VERY thankful we spent a bit more to get that.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisher-Price-Sta...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a used one on ebay that looks in great shape! I hope it helps.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
Papooses
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nonononono NO used carseats, especially not from strangers! Please visit my website for the reasons why....

Unfortunately the FPSIV was a breed all its own that we have not (yet?) been graced with a likeness of since *SIGH* The one that I got my hands on was drool worthy, but if you do happen to find one BNIB (preferably only from a reputable retailer or technician) it may be expired anyway. You don't want an expired carseat > http://home.comcast.net/~dcbsr/test/..._old_seat.mpeg

The Britax Companion has a similar antirebound bar, but without the built in mirror & it's heavy. The Combi Centre supposedly also has antirebound by way of it requiring the handle to be left up. Both of these seats perform really well in NHTSA's testing. The Chicco Keyfit doesn't have antirebound, but installs like a dream! Then there's the Graco SafeSeat Step1 that fits babies the longest, allowing you to keep it room temp in extreme weather even if you don't actually carry baby in it & this also installs well in the majority of vehicles. These are my top 4 favorite infant seats, that I've been debating about for about year now for when that time comes when we finally decide to TTC again & I'm no closer to making my own mind up, LOL, so I sure can't tell you which is better for you.

Just make sure that it fits the baby correctly, fits the vehicle correctly & will always be used correctly!

Last edited by Papooses; 06-14-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Papooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why do they have to be so expensive? it's not like it is a luxury item!