Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #11
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was this an outrageous request?

I don' think that there was anything wrong with your request. DS's father (my X) always plays with my DD (not his) when he visits DS. He and his family also always give her a present when they get something for DS too (birthdays, holidays or just to give them something). He has always said he wouldn't want DD's father treating DS like he wasn't as important so he would never treat DD like she wasn't as important KWIM?

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #12
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperjen
I think it's too bad - it isn't too much to ask, but you have to respect his right to say no when discussing a non-relative (in that sense).
Oh, I totally agree -- I just wasn't sure whether it was wrong to even ask, he was so weirded out by it. It's not like he isn't friendly to her when he's seen her. In fact, the first time he saw her when she was a baby, he picked her up, and said, "Come to Daddy! I mean, er... uh... come here, little one!"

Maybe he hasn't gotten over the fact that at his last visit, she looked at DH, then at him, and announced, "My daddy's bigger than Josh's daddy!"
Old 06-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #13
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalynn
He has always said he wouldn't want DD's father treating DS like he wasn't as important so he would never treat DD like she wasn't as important KWIM?
I totally agree! My DD2 dad always buys my children from a prior marriage b-day gifts and Christmas gifts and I always buy for his DS from a prior relationship.

I think that in this day and age especially, a child cannot have too many people loving her/him. And even though your ex may not have that type of relationship with your DD (and hey, that's cool she HAS a daddy), there is never an excuse for an adult to be unkind to a child (his or anyone elses).

Just my based on my experiences.
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote