Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
jaimegrrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question Help! Cd'ing, bf'ing, co-sleeping, bw'ing, delayed/selective vax'ing friendly OH Dr.?

I do not know where to post this, so mods please feel free to move it if necessary!

I just scheduled my DD's 8-week appt, but they aren't able to get her in for about another month. That's fine with me because the receptionist (who was very nice) kindly let me know that although my Dr. would be happy to see my baby, and to have her as a patient, she is very pro-ALL vax, and well, I'm not. I know that I want to at least delay until Ariella is 6 months old ... maybe longer. And the ONLY vaccines that I am even considering letting her have are the ones required for school (minus the MMR probably... or that will wait until she is 5!), although I may opt against even some of those (this is all still new to me, so I want to make sure that I have all of the information I can get before making such an important decision!).

Anyhow, I know there are lots of Ohio mamas here, and I would love recommendations for doctors in the Delaware/northern Columbus area (you can PM me! ), who are pro bf'ing and "friendly" (or at least accepting) towards other areas, particulary cd'ing & delayed/selective immunizations. Or, if you do not know anyone locally, but have a doctor like this for your child, how did you go about finding him or her?

I know that my decisions will be respected (or at least tolerated to some degree) by Ariella's current Dr., but I just hate confrontations, and I really don't know that I want to be lectured about something like this every time we take her in! I also worry that if she is very one-sided on this subject, she may be less open-minded about other things (such as cd'ing, extended bf'ing, etc), kwim?

Thank you for any help and advice! It's tough being a new mom and having to deal with such important decisions which go against your Dr.'s recommendations!

Advertisement

Starting the addiction all over again!! ISO: Grovia WOODLANDS print (shell or AIO), Swaddlebees/Blueberry DINO party and ELEPHANTS prints, Best bottoms HEDGEHOG cover/AIO, OBV wipes, Aden & Anais BOYish burpy bibs and swaddling blankets...
jaimegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help! Cd'ing, bf'ing, co-sleeping, bw'ing, delayed/selective vax'ing friendly OH

I don't know of anyone, hopefully someone else will chime in but I wanted to let you know that there is an AP dr referral yahoo group and you mind be able to find the type of dr you are looking for there - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AP_Doc...guid=169363687

HTH!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
KatiesMom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help! Cd'ing, bf'ing, co-sleeping, bw'ing, delayed/selective vax'ing friendly OH

Dr. Rob Snyder of Hilliard Pediatrics. We just had our 9 month well baby check. He is even told us we were doing a 'good job' with our dd. PM me if you want the phone number. You'll have to stop by for a play date when you come into town!
Old 06-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
jaimegrrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks mamas! Andrea, I will send you a PM!

Anyone else have recommendations?
Starting the addiction all over again!! ISO: Grovia WOODLANDS print (shell or AIO), Swaddlebees/Blueberry DINO party and ELEPHANTS prints, Best bottoms HEDGEHOG cover/AIO, OBV wipes, Aden & Anais BOYish burpy bibs and swaddling blankets...
Old 06-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the linky.
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've heard great things about a Dr. Blackburn from the Columbus AP mom group. PM me if you want the contact info for that group, too - it's a nice bunch of ladies.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
sonshinemama
Registered Users
seller

I'm not from Columbus area but am in OH. just an fyi - Did you know OH has exemptions on all vaxes for school? DS1 had some til 9 mos, won't get anymore. DS2 has had none and won't be getting any. I plan on claiming philisophical exemption when it's time for them to go to school.
sonshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
newtocding
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in the same boat--I will be pm ing some of you-- Jaime, I am around Delaware, too; we may in fact go to same pediatrician.... I am also looking for a more accepting one!
Old 06-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #9
bluetimestwo
Registered Users
Formerly: 2blue1pink
seller

My Mood:

Hope you find someone momma! I have a great dr. up here in Toledo :-)
Old 06-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #10
jaimegrrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshinemama View Post
I'm not from Columbus area but am in OH. just an fyi - Did you know OH has exemptions on all vaxes for school? DS1 had some til 9 mos, won't get anymore. DS2 has had none and won't be getting any. I plan on claiming philisophical exemption when it's time for them to go to school.

Yes, unfortunately, I am not planning on living in Ohio forever (it's not that it is a bad place to live, I've just been here my entire life and am looking forward to a change. ). If we are here long enough for her to start school, I probably will use that as my exception though!