Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:
Smile my girls are not as selfish as I thought

I talked to my girls again a little bit more about baby Danae. I previously just told them that we where going to see how we could help a sick child. I didn't explian the illness or her age til this evening. My oldest dd's first words out of her mouth where "can I donate my hair again" which she just did in dec so it has to grow a bit more. and then all the sudden my 4 yr old asked how big of a box did I have to send stuff. I was shocked I have been trying to get them to part with just a few things for a yardsale and its pulling teeth. I replied to my dd "as big as box as you need that we can afford to ship" they are searching high and low for the "D" book we have most of the alphabet but d is missing, and they are packing up a box good and full and they wanted to draw pics and make cards for her and everything. I was really moved because my girls can be kinda stingy when it comes to things because we dont have a lot of money kwim?

Advertisement

Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 AM   #2
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Re: my girls are not as selfish as I thought

That's SOO sweet!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:03 AM   #3
driftymaer
Registered Users
seller

That is wonderful-when I talk to Sally tonight I'm going to read this post to her. When we're talking I'll go through and read her some posts to keep her in the loop. I know she'll love to hear this one. She has been so overwhelmed and thankful for her DS and online friends.
driftymaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

my 4 yr old keeps calling her Anne, its cute she wanted to give her her A pillow and I said oh no hun its D.. she looked at me like huh! lol
this weekend we are going to try to work on some stuff to auction on my HC to raise some $$ I might have to wait and do it after the first I have comany coming from out of town and my house is near biohazard status so i have a lot of cleaning to get to, wrong week for af and migranes everyeday I havnt gotten much done around here.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #5
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

What sweeties! I tried to explain to my 4 yr old about Danae and what was going on with her. He's decided he's never going to California because that's where they give kids surgery and poke them too much.......but he's helping me get things for them, because he wants to make her happy!