View Poll Results: Ergo? worth it?
Yes I cant live with out one 11 57.89%
I wish I hadn't bought one 2 10.53%
I like something else better, explain 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:
Ergo?

im really thinking I want to try one of these. nothing seems to be perfect right now she is getting heavy and I have shoulder/elbow issues so I need something a little more comfrotable worht it?

Advertisement

Last edited by Five Green Beans; 06-23-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ergo?

So, I didn't vote only because I couldn't find an option that suited me. I too have serious shoulder issues, well neck/shoulder problems from a bad car accident 3 years ago (anyway....rambling) Okay, so here is my review:
I got the Ergo just last month, and I must say, it is MUCH more comfortable for me than my pouch sling or my wrap carrier, however, I have a REALLY hard time getting ds into the back carry by myself. I don't know what it is, perhaps my arms are too short combined with ds weighing 20lbs, but by the time I finally get him in it, my arms are KILLING me and I am exhausted.....truly hoping that it gets easier as I get used to the carrier more, but if not, I bought mine from http://www.myfavoritebabycarrier.com/ergo.html and they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that is good for 90 days, so if it doesn't get easier, this puppy is headed back. I think it is definetely worth a shot. It is a really comfortable carrier, most of the weight is dispersed onto your hips. HTH
Old 06-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Kozy and love it, I wouldn't consider an Ergo just because I love mei tais too much
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:47 AM   #4
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an Ergo. I bought it used on TBW. I've used it 2 or 3 times and am strongly contemplating selling it to a friend who wants one. I use my Onbuhimo more. I still use the pouch a good deal. My dc is at least 22lbs. probably 23+

I too have problems with getting my dc into a back carry. I can do it but it hurts like :censored: The onbu and the pouch, I do back carries all the time - no worries.

Last edited by Knittress; 06-23-2006 at 06:48 AM.
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
mommato2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really love my Ergo, and for DH it's the one he reaches for most. We leave it in the van and when we go for hikes that's all we use. It's perfect for the outdoors, and even around the house if DS is fussy I put him on my back and away I go. What I do to make it easier to put on the back is lay the Ergo on the table, lay DS in it, lay back, strap the waist straps, then reach and put on the shoulder straps. Really easy once you get the hang of it, you can also use the couch to do this!

I recommend it, definetly!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
Mom2Jack+Quinn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I said I like something else better, I just never got the Ergo comfy, but I prefer MTs and wraps in general.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Wish I hadn't bothered - I used it a couple times when I first got it, but it's soooo much trouble for the light use it gets. I got a used Solarveil RS a week later and use that at least once a day - I'll probably end up selling my Ergo soo.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #8
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

keep me in mind vick
Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 AM   #9
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

a lot of this too is about what dh would wear, he wont wear anything I have gotten so far (other than the MT at the library once) he says he likes the look of them and he would wear one if i went through the trouble of raising $92 which I tend to give a little to much sometimes so im not making the money I should be so he knows it will take me a while and id be ticked if I went through the trouble kwim?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #10
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I opted for a toddler patapum just because of the price. I really wanted an Ergo, but couldn't quite get enough funds. I have never really gotten the hang of back carries in the mt, so I wanted this type of carrier for back carries. I love my patapum. I think it was worth EVERY penny. I can get her on and off my back easily. And I think someone is selling one here, or you would certainly find one of TBW. I figured if I didn't like my patapum, I could just sell and save up for an Ergo; but I'm not letting this baby go!
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote