Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
drkelli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Quick help needed please!

Yeah, with a 3 y.o. and puppy in the house, I can understand the overstimulated thing. At night, she sleeps in her swing in our room with white noise in the background. We were co-sleeping, but she wakes up the second she's on her back. We were also swaddling, but it's sooooo hot she's happiest in just a dipe. I just can't imagine how people deal with this for months. She just seems so unhappy.

Advertisement

drkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #12
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds more like reflux, especially since she wants to eat all the time, cries when she isn't & can't sleep on her back because she wakes up.

When they have reflux eating forces the acids back down & takes the pain away. Laying on their back pushes the acids back up causing pain.

When Nadia had it, we did a combination of me cutting out all dairy including hidden dairies, gripe water & zantac both daily.

Giving her formula isn't counteractive to increasing your supply, especially when she's 6 weeks old. She should be going through a 6 week growth spurt which means lots & lots & lots of nursing followed by a longer sleeping pattern. IT's what they do to naturally increase the supply so temporarily it seems like you don't have enough of a supply.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #13
drkelli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I forgot about the 6 week growth spurt, maybe all that lack of sleep caused it? So I should take Zantac now?
Thanks for all the good info.
drkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #14
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

yah mama, sounds like reflux.. my dd is the same way, we held her sitting up and slept iin the rocker for her first few months and if ya ever need to chat, i am a pm away.. also, research peppermint extract, i never tried it but i heard it helps alot with reflux!
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #15
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

someone recommended drinking fennel seed tea by the tons and it would help with colic. when paisley was born i tried it and it worked very well.
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #16
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd had colic at about that age. Pretty much, our solution was - Bounce, sway, shush, bounce, sway, shush...repeat x a billion. Taking her outside REALLY helped a lot, too. Just changing the enivironment seemed to get her mind off whatever was troubling her.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #17
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkelli View Post
I forgot about the 6 week growth spurt, maybe all that lack of sleep caused it? So I should take Zantac now?
Thanks for all the good info.
you don't take the zantac, you'd need to get a prescription for the baby. Try cutting the dairy out & using gripe water first. Though if you can, get the gripe water from Canada it's way cheaper.lol You could make your own too, trying to go by memory there is fennel oil, dill oil & some other oil in it which are what helps.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:09 AM   #18
L2S2C
Registered Users
seller

My son had that "fourth trimester" thing, he would cry and fuss, I would be rocking and rocking him and he'd just cry. Id nurse and he'd pull away, we walked, bounced, white noise..... if he did fall asleep you couldnt put him down....it went away at 2.5 months.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:25 AM   #19
vicky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My five month old sounds very similar (well not now bc I figured it out). We thought it was reflux, but it turns out she was eating too much. She wanted to suck all the time, and wouldn't take a pci, so it was the boob, which meant getting more milk. She was miserable. I finally had to stop allowing her to eat after a good filling for at least two hours . Don't think I am a schedule person, I could care less whether she would have wanted to nurse 24 hours a day, but she was MISERABLE. She got better INSTANTLY. When she had the desire to suck, I would give her my finger or let my husband hold her so she wasn't so mad at me. Its a rough time, and I totally feel for you. At our pediatrician's office, we take colic babies' pictures in funny onesies and let them hang them on the wall. Sophie's picture says "I cry over spilled milk." Hang in there, it does get better.
vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:27 AM   #20
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also would think it's a case of reflux... call a LLL or IBCLC!!! (links in my siggy )