Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

I didnt co sleep with my ds because of course I was trying to listen to everyones advice about parenting and everyone said that was a bad idea, I hated it though because I ended up tired all the time because of having to get out of bed at night to nurse. So with my dd I am cosleeping and I like it but I thought she would be easier to put to sleep if we coslept, but its the opposite, she fights sleep like nobodys bussiness. It takes me a good two hours at night laying with her and nursing her for her to go to sleep and almost that long to get her to take naps during the day. Im going crazy here!! Somebody help me! TIA!!

Wife to DH, mommy to Michael, Patricia, and Domingo
SaraJoTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: co-sleeping?

Having a sleep fighter is always tough! *hugs* Just try to think about how much harder it would try to be to get her to sleep on her own though. IME co-sleeping doesn't always make it easier to GET to sleep, but helps everyone get more sleep during the night since you don't have to get out of bed to take care of baby and baby sleeps better with mama.

Do you have any kind of bedtime routine? Even for a baby, it helps to wind down the day by making it darker close to bedtime, maybe having a bath or a massage, reading some books, whatever you like to do together. I hope this phase passes soon!
motherdragon926 is offline   Reply With Quote