View Poll Results: Have you ever nursed in a public restroom?
Yes 102 47.44%
No 113 52.56%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #21
RetroBaby
Witty title here
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you ever nursed in a public bathroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
I am still learning to get him latched on without exposing A LOT(and there is a lot) so though I have not nursed in the bathroom I have gone in to get him latched on and come back out.
Ditto. I had to do that a couple weeks ago at Chile's. DS was screaming and wouldn't latch and I was just flashing everyone, so I took him to the bathroom to get him calmed down, latched him on and walked back to the table.

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #22
colecaitlinchase
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have many times with my daughter but as she got older and I became more comfortable it became less often. With my youngest son I also have but only a few times. Its usually when he is on off every few seconds because of distraction so I will then go the restrrom so he is not so distracted.

Please remember to leave feedback!
colecaitlinchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:16 AM   #23
earthforeverbroken
Banned
seller

i did one time at this park. it was such a nice park but it was cold outside, there wernt a lot of people there, in fact, my husband came into the restroom with me. i didnt go into a stall, i sat on the floor by the wall, and did nursed.

man i wished i still nursed, i feel so bad!
earthforeverbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #24
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

nope, never have and never will. I refuse to let my baby eat where someone else pees and poops. ICK!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #25
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to say I have a couple times. But, it definitely wasn't because I had to. I can't use a blanket with DD because she's too easily distracted, and I have a LOT of stretch marks, so it's just more relaxed when we can go into a ladies' sitting room (like the ones in Nordstrom, Macys, Saks) and sit down to rest. Plus, all the people walking around out in public would be a huge distraction and she already pulls off 20x a minute, LOL! So, while I could NIP just to make a statement, I don't. I do usually find somewhere quiet where we can relax. I've NIP a couple times, and none of them were really pleasant experiences. I'd do it again if I had to, though.

Plus, the mall near us has a special Nursing Room adjacent to the Food Court and next to the bathrooms. I've never been in it, but it's a nice thing for the modest crowd. Last time I was in Ikea, they had one too, with a chair and fan and footrest. <soapbox>Some of the Mamas on here make it seem like I'm barbaric for making my kid eat where people "poo and pee," but that's just not the case. Just because someone doesn't plop down in the middle of Aisle 9, doesn't mean they're feeding their kid where people poo.</soapbox>

Last edited by mom2madison06; 06-17-2007 at 06:59 AM.
mom2madison06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #26
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I have in one of those waiting room type things with chairs and tables and such, but not in the actual bathroom where toilets are. I really don't like peeing in public restrooms let alone feeding my baby in there, LOL. I hold my pee until I go home and I'll feed my baby in my car first, LOL it just grosses me out in general not just the feeding a baby part.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #27
KaiyaSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes. Once in a disgusting mall bathroom. There were couches in a "lounge" area, but it still smelled. My DS was very young though and we were still figuring out the latching. I sweared I would never do it again.
I have done it a couple other times in restaurants, but only in clean non-stinky ones. I have no problem NIP in pretty much any situation, but crammed in a booth at a crowded restaurant is my one exception. Not to metion DS is distracted and trying to pull everythign off the table. High probability of a flashing! LOL
Old 06-17-2007, 07:13 AM   #28
SkysMom211
Registered Users

My Mood:

I never have. Between my 2 babies I've nursed for a total of 26months and never in a bathroom. W/ my first I did in the car a lot at first but by the second if I had to nurse I just needed a seat. Lol preferbly one w/ a back. I've even been somewhere and couldn't find a seat so I took the tray off the front of our stroller sat there and nursed our second!! I try for everythinig to not hang out but he didn't like a cover so thankfully I wasn't shy. I was kinda hoping someone would say something to be so I could stand up to them but no one ever did!
SkysMom211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #29
makaylaandkeegan
Registered Users

yes, but never on a toilet or in a stall...only if they have a chair to relax in
makaylaandkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #30
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom View Post
Yes but only because it had an area designed for feeding and changing baby it has a door separating it from the rest of the restroom.
Same here.....sometimes that's just less distracting for dd, than the hussle and bustle of everything else going on around her.
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote