Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
singbanshee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question What Vehicle?

Well we have to get a new vehicle and I'm wondering what you all would get if you had 2 kids under 20 months? I have a toyota 4runner and seriously it's fun when you're single but it's TOTALLY cramped with a kid...let alone 2 in car seats, groceries, stroller, slings, diaper bags etc...

My husband and I *think* I'll probably have to get a van, nothing against vans, but it makes me feel like my mom...totally unhip and uncool. Plus we want something that's under 5G so we can pay cash and not have payments.

whadya think? van right?

Advertisement

We Carry Eco Friendly Disposables and.. Check out the rockin selection of covers and cloth diapers!
singbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: What Vehicle?

Well we have a Toyota Matrix with 2 kids and absolutely ADORE it. When I was a nanny I easily fit two 8 month olds with all their junk and a full load of groceries.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
mandalynnne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an 18 month old and a 4 week old and drive a town and country. It's loaded and I don't feel uncool

WAHM behind TMD

ISO nothing! My girl is mostly pl'ed!
mandalynnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a VW Jetta TDI- turbo diesel- It fits a Britax (rear facing)and a booster seat w/no problem. 60 mpg! I love it now that diesel is cheaper than gas!
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I'm waiting for Toyota to come out with the Sienna Hybrid here in the US (there are smaller hybrid minivans in Japan already). I've read that they might be out as early as next year.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamandeyuri View Post
I have a VW Jetta TDI- turbo diesel- It fits a Britax (rear facing)and a booster seat w/no problem. 60 mpg! I love it now that diesel is cheaper than gas!
Really? What year? I have an '03 wagon, and I'd like to run it into a brick wall. I love the car, but in order to have our carseats installed correctly, my husband and I are way to close to the dash. We figure if we were in a bad wreck the kids would survive, but be parentless. We're looking at the minivan options right now.

OP...I'd personally look at minivans (that's what we're doing). They've come a long way, and I figured, why fight it...I'm a mom and I've got loads of stuff to cart around. And...when I climb out of the minivan, I still look pretty good to be a mom to 2 under 2!

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:

Its an 05 manual...lol...so moving the seat up isn't too bad, I need it up to reach the clutch.
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have a 2000 Toyota Camry(and 3 kids). The 2001's(and newer) are bigger than the 2000's.

I can fit more in my Camry than my sister can fit in their 2000 Dodge Caravan Sport & they only have 2 kids.

We looked at vans, but they really do not have that much room in them. If we were to ever need one, we'd get the Toyota Sienna.

You already have a Toyota, you know you can't go wrong with them.

Quote:
I'm waiting for Toyota to come out with the Sienna Hybrid here in the US (there are smaller hybrid minivans in Japan already). I've read that they might be out as early as next year.
I've ready that by 2010 Toyota is going to be making ONLY Hybrid vehicles.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an 04 Accord that I HATE. It's the LX version so it's got the 4-banger and OMG it kills me trying to drive in traffic when you need to accelerate to pull into traffic. I also don't like where the windsheild and driver/passenger windows are--the body of the car inbetween is right in my line of sight. And the AC sucks and we just moved to Tucson, AZ. My aunt has an Odessey and I love it! Even DH who is a big NO MINIVANS guy said he really liked it. It would be much more practical for me and I wish I'd gotten over my minivan-phobia when we were car shopping. She gets like 25MPG and it's an 05 so I'm sure the new ones are a little bit better than that. I get about 23 MPG in my accord. Good luck mama!

I will say I like my accord a lot better than my G'mas Camry though!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamandeyuri View Post
Thats what I drove when we had 2 kids! Even the TDI and Britax parts, we had a Marathon and a Roundabout though. I would have continued to drive the VW if we had been able to manage 3 britax(roundabout, parkway, and companion) in the back, but we couldnt. We still have it but its DH's car. We even went on a 3500 mile trip in it. I was 5 mo preggo, DS#1 was 3.5, DD was 18 months. We had plenty of room

Now, since we have 3 we have a Chevy Trailblazer with the 3rd row seating. This was a good option for us because we didnt want a van
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote